Details: Annual salary is commensurate with experience.
21 S. Clark
The Associate will support New Schools for Chicago/Kids First Chicago's (NSC) external engagement efforts to build awareness of key policy initiatives and grow the organization’s bottom-line impact year over year. The organization's fundraising goal for FY19 is $3.4 million, which it seeks to secure from a variety of local and national philanthropic partners. The Associate must have a keen interest in creating experiences for diverse stakeholders that inspire support for, build knowledge of, and continually advance the mission of New Schools for Chicago and Kids First Chicago.
The Associate will directly support the Chief of Development in the execution of all development activities, and coordinate with the Development and Communications Consultant on internal and external communications. This is a cross-functional role that requires an individual who can manage complexity and organizational priorities and work with individuals at various levels.
Development Operations and Administration
- Provide support to the Chief of Development, Development and Communications Consultant, and CEO on the development of annual plans to diversify and increase organizational revenues through growth of individual and major gifts, corporate partnerships, and foundation grants
- Manage and strengthen development processes and systems, including recordkeeping, gift processing and acknowledgments, renewals, mailings, and calendaring
- Support use of Salesforce, maintaining accurate records, producing weekly reports to inform ‘moves management’ actions for Chief of Development and CEO
- Manage foundation and corporate grants’ calendar and track grant deliverables; coordinate proposal and report development with team
- Continually mine for new prospects to add to NSC’s pipeline; conduct prospect research on prospective individual, corporate, and foundation partners
- Participate in donor discovery, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation activities, including face-to-face meetings with interested supporters
Board and Volunteer Relations
- With Chief of Development, create individualized Board engagement plans to increase each member’s engagement, impact and influence
- Support Board-led fundraising activities, including tracking Board members’ contacts, their outreach actions and follow through
- Create and manage new volunteer and partner programming in coordination with other relevant team members
Events and External Programming
- With the Development and Communications Consultant, develop fundraising and marketing collateral to promote NSC
- Support all NSC-related external programming, including cultivation and fundraising events, briefings and meetings with other key “grass-tops” partners
- Work collaboratively with NSC staff on shared projects and actively support other team members
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- At least two years of experience in business development, advancement, external affairs or a related field;
- Hands-on experience with customer/donor relationship management software, preferably Salesforce;
- Exceptional writing skills, especially for grant proposals, reports and related fundraising materials;
- Ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage partners and new audiences;
- Ability to effectively present information to and collaborate with executive leaders, senior management, all levels of employees, and the public;
- Basic experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus;
- Strong relationship-building and people skills; and
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided.
In addition, to be successful as a member of the team in this role, you will:
- Be a highly organized self-starter; have a proactive personality; be eager to support others and “roll up your sleeves” when necessary;
- Have a strong desire to positively impact the lives of Chicago public school students and their families;
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, operating with high expectations and exceptional attention to detail;
- Demonstrate mature judgment, with a high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Have a sense of humor, even under stress;
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest, constructive feedback, and offering feedback to drive improvement; and
- Value relationships and accountability, empowering others to achieve superior results.
Excellent health benefits, 401K plan and group life insurance.
Minimum Education Required