Benefit Specialist & Entitlement Specialist - Community Guardian Program ($18.86 hr)
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
Full Time Contract
Details: Union Position DC 1707 - $18.86 hr - $34,338.41
247 West 37th Street
CGP Program Specialist is responsible for assisting CGP clients with entitlements and ensuring that client benefits remain active. The position also assists clients through the eligibility process for the appropriate benefits.
Program Specialist will provide support to the operations of the Community Guardian Program by completing the guardian qualification process and working with Social Work staff to arrange services/benefits that improve the lives of our clients.
· Administer & manage all SSA applications & recertification in conjunction with CGP Finance.
· Administer & manage all Food Stamps applications & recertification for CGP clients.
· Administer & manage all entitlements (benefits) received by CGP clients; i.e. Medicaid, Scrie & Drie and other benefits.
· Complete Entitlements assessment to determine all benefit individuals is eligible.
· Keep and maintain an active entitlement file.
· Work with program and finance on potential entitlement issues.
· Regularly required to travel to City or State agencies for advocacy & follow up with entitlement issues.
· Assist with Commissioning & Qualifying court orders with designated courts.
· Review & Respond to 90 day reports, testimonies & other court related matters.
· Deliver and distribute client funds as assigned. This involves conducting home visits and travel throughout NYC.
· Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned
· High School Diploma Required; Associates Degree preferred/ 2 years’ experience working in social services preferred
· Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and current Google applications
· Understanding and appreciation of the roles of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual preference, and individual values as they relate to serving clients and families.
· Demonstrated written/ verbal skills and strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients and colleagues.
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.