ESL Teacher K-8 (2018-2019 School Year)
- Job posted by Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens
Details: Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
About the Position:
Join an exciting community of educators and social change makers who are passionate about global education and are committed to improved student learning and outcomes. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it. We are seeking a driven ESL Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year that operates with a high sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. Candidates for this position do NOT need to speak Hebrew.
- Produce quality Common Core aligned lesson plans that strive for higher-level objectives while accommodating all learning styles;
- Analyze and regularly review student assessment data from a variety of sources – both formally and informally - to drive curricular and pedagogical choices and adjustments;
- Administer the NYSITEL to all new entrants within 10 days of entry to school;
- Administer the NYSESLAT to all ESL students each year;
- Maximize learning time through effective classroom management;
- Provide an inviting, exciting, learning environment using varied instructional techniques and developmentally appropriate strategies;
- Mastery/deep knowledge in instructional subject area, with an undergraduate major or minor or graduate degree in the subject;
- Strong desire to collaborate with other faculty and instructional leaders to discuss student work and ensure curricular coherence;
- Passion for his/her subject and the ability to connect with and motivate, individually and collectively, a diverse group of students;
- A strong commitment to all students with the belief that all students can learn and must be held to high academic standards; and,
- Boundless energy and enthusiasm for working with students and other adults in the building.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required; Masters degree preferred
- A minimum of 1 year of teaching experience is required; experience in an urban school setting in which the students were selected by lottery and not by entrance exam or by discretionary criteria is preferred
- Hold appropriate NYS certification or working towards certification is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter to our Director of Talent and Recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Candidates of color and those from backgrounds that are underrepresented in school leadership roles are particularly encouraged to apply.