1100 Harvard Street, NW
We are seeking a Champion to work with our graduates in identifying post-secondary and vocational schools that align with their career goals. If you are this Champion, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is the place for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that educates and prepares the diverse adult immigrant population of Washington, DC to become productive citizens and members of American society who give back to their family and community. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization that’s been ranked one of the top places to work in DC by the Washington Post for the last 3 years.
Student Success Manager (Champion)
Under the direction of the Director of Student Services, the Student Success Manager (SSM) will execute the vision and strategy of CRIPCS’s College Access and Career Advising Program, which focuses on sending our culturally diverse graduates to college, university and vocational schools that align with their career goals. The SSM will be responsible for a variety of duties, which include collaborating with teachers and identifying scholarships and financial assistance opportunities that ensure a successful post-secondary transition. In addition, the SSM will assist in the development and implementation of the School’s alumni program to maintain relationships with former CRIPCS students.
What you will do:
· Administer the College and Career Access Program by providing guidance and support with identifying and successfully enrolling into post-secondary schools and vocational programs
· Work closely with students and their instructors to identify career goals related to college, university and vocational schools
· Develop and strengthen partnerships with post-secondary programs to include local colleges, universities and vocational schools
· Collect data to establish baselines and monitor post-secondary enrollment numbers, percentages of graduates who enroll, and students that obtain degrees and certifications
· Facilitate workshops on various career and employment topics, which include choosing a major, identifying internship opportunities, credential evaluation, and networking techniques
· Assist students in the completion applications for the Carlos Rosario scholarship and other financial assistance opportunities, including FAFSA
· Participate in the school’s fundraising activities
What you must have:
· Bachelor’s degree with 4 - 5 years of related experience or appropriate combination of education and experience
· Demonstrated success in career counseling and exploration and education advisement related to student enrollment in post-secondary schools and vocational programs
· Ability to work successfully with CRIPCS’s culturally diverse student population
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Strong outcomes orientation and data management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suit: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher
· Commitment to the philosophy and mission of Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School
Monday and Thursday: 12:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at www.carlosrosario.org/getinvolved/employment . This position will be posted from May 18, 2018 to June 1, 2018.
Medical,Dental, Vision and 401K Plan. Free parking is included as well.
Minimum Education Required