The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is looking for a Deputy Director to assist the Priority Campaign Manager to create surround-sound organizing to ensure that key congressional targets support major investments and ambitious standards to reduce climate pollution, create equitable outcomes for all communities, and ensure good jobs.
Working with the Priority Campaign Manager the Deputy Director will:
· Help manage our organizing team: 12 FTE organizers on the ground focused in key House districts and on key senators to meet and report their goals.
· Help coordinate priority campaign work across the Climate Action Campaign: including with our Government Affairs, State Operations, Partner Engagement, Communications and Digital, and with our Data teams.
· Help develop and implement winning strategies in each target district designed to move each target on whom we are focused
o Help assess the research and results and adjust plans as needed, create appropriate pivots as targets react to key moments.
o Work directly with organizers and their organizing directors and lobbyists focused on each target district to ensure success.
· Campaign support: Help develop internal and public-facing campaign materials; develop and ensure tight internal communications; and institute efficient and effective tracking to create accountability and ensure goals are met.
· Project management: Drive campaign project management, including creating project timelines, regularly reporting on progress to key stakeholders.
· Fiscal responsibility: Assist with management of campaign budgets (MOU’s, grants, expenditure tracking, etc.).
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective, unbranded coalitions of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
Who You Are
A successful candidate for this position is a mission-driven, hardworking, but fun-loving “people person” and organizer who is/has:
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in either issue advocacy, community organizing, volunteer management, political strategy, or electoral campaigns; with some of that experience in a leadership role.
· Flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, and can prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· An excellent communicator with strong writing and analytical skills.
· Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google App equivalents, database/spreadsheet functions, Mobilize, etc.
· Experience with a database or CRM experience (e.g. QuickBase, VAN, Salesforce, etc.).
· Experience with SharePoint or other team-based platforms and video conference software (e.g. Zoom, UberConference, etc.).
· Thrives in a collaborative team environment – and is above all, a team player – but can also work independently with minimal supervision.
· Proven ability to assist in the development of appropriate goals, strategies, and tactics to win support from congressional targets.
· Proven ability to manage remote field staff; experience managing ‘in-direct reports’ is a benefit.
· Creative approach to planning and problem solving.
· Strong time management and priority-setting skills.
· Proven ability to hold others accountable to goals.
· Positive attitude and a sense of humor.
· High degree of professionalism and cultural competency when dealing with diverse groups of people.
· Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turn-around.
· Must have the ability to communicate, build and maintain collaborative relationships.
· Familiarity with environmental issues is a plus but not required.
How to Apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://climateactioncampaign.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0u9c6
The Fine Print
This is a full-time exempt position based in Washington, DC, though our teams are currently working from home due to COVID-19. Travel may be required to field states 2-3 days, per quarter once it’s safe to travel.
The target salary for this position is $70,000 depending on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is looking for a Deputy Director to assist the Priority Campaign Manager to create surround-sound organizing to ensure that key congressional targets support major investments and ambitious standards…