The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for all and our mission is to drive positive impact through philanthropy, leadership and action. As a community foundation, our resources are comprised of more than 900 charitable funds established by individuals, businesses and organizations with a passion for charitable giving and a deep commitment to the Greater New Orleans region. As a civic leader, we bring together passionate people from nonprofits, business, government, and philanthropy to address our region’s greatest challenges.
The Foundation is an inspiring, engaging, challenging, thought-provoking, diverse and dynamic place to work and advance your career. We pride ourselves on investing in high quality staff members and encouraging success by allowing individuals the opportunity to both contribute and enhance their skills and talents as well as to share their unique perspective as we address community challenges. Our workplace environment nurtures a diverse team and results in a broad base of staff knowledge and talent.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation seeks a Staff Accountant who will maintain the financial and operational integrity of the Foundation by leading across a range of responsibilities, including fund accounting, fund transfers and gift entry. The Staff Accountant will also help complete daily, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions.
· Willingness to learn and grow responsibilities;
· Self Motivated with the ability to work well alone or in teams;
· Excellent problem solving skills;
· Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines;
· Ability to learn accounting methodologies and strategies;
· Attention to detail, quality and accuracy;
· Ability to analyze both quantitative and qualitative information;
· Ability to follow instructions;
· Ability to multi-task;
· Patience and a growth mindset
Education and Experience
· BS in Accounting;
· Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in general ledger accounting;
· Non-profit accounting and/or public accounting experience a plus;
· Experience with gift processing or cash receipts processing a plus;
· Strong computer skills, including data-entry and working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word;
· C.P.A. designation a plus, not required
Interested applicants should email or mail a hard copy of the following:
1. a cover letter;
2. a resume;
3. three (3) references
To: email@example.com by the July 28, 2021.
Every team member employed by the Foundation is expected to demonstrate:
1. Honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and courteousness
2. High energy and a positive attitude
3. A dedication to quality and accuracy
4. An ability to work well with co-workers; especially in a small office
5. An ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision
6. Good oral and written communication skills
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.
The Greater New Orleans Foundation has been a trusted philanthropic leader in the 13-parish Greater New Orleans region for nearly 100 years. Our vision is to create a vibrant, sustainable, and just region for…