The SCORE Association is seeking a Social Media Specialist to support the online community and public relations efforts of the Director of PR & Communications in her efforts to improve, increase, and promote the SCORE brand.
The Social Media Specialist will provide support in the following areas: social media – at both national and local level, media inquiries and responses, government relations, and targeted online advertising and metrics reporting. The ideal candidate possesses strong social media, communication, and organizational skills as well as a sharp eye for aesthetics. S/he should also be highly passionate about increasing positive awareness of SCORE. The ideal candidate also has experience with public relations.
This Social Media Specialist will manage our social media accounts – for SCORE headquarters and oversee SCORE chapter accounts - by implementing strategies and tactics that grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. S/he should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
We’re looking for a self-starter, proactive problem solver and detail-oriented team player. S/he should be committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure and have a relentlessly positive, flexible, 'whatever it takes' attitude.
· Build and manage SCORE’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
· Create shareable content appropriate for specific social networks to spread both our brand and our content.
· Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
· Oversee chapter social media program and support chapter and volunteer inquiries and needs related to social media.
· Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
· Work alongside other marketers and content marketers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience and supports marketing goals.
· Manage SCORE success story program – content creation, communication to stakeholders, promotion and metrics.
· Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
· Explore new ways to engage and identify with target audiences (new and prospective clients, volunteers, sponsors and influencers) via social media.
· Track, measure, and analyze all initiatives to report on social media ROI.
· Quality assure own work to ensure flawless execution and delivery.
· Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing execution complexity.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence in social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in using social media software (e.g. Momentfeed, Hootsuite) to monitor social media conversations.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation, inbound marketing, and blogging.
- Strong copywriting skills
- Good, creative intuition when it comes to messaging and designs that represent our brand and resonate with our audience
- MS Office proficiency (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Self-starter with a drive to learn and the ability to work independently or collaboratively and under deadline pressure
- Ability to apply critical thinking and complete tasks on time with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
SCORE "Mentors to America's Small Business" is a nonprofit resource partner with the U.S. Small Business Administration dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small business nationwide. Founded in 1964, SCORE currently has approximately 10,000 volunteers in more than 300 chapters nationwide. The national headquarters is located in Herndon, Virginia.
Minimum Education Required