Associate Director, Impact Lending
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Associate Director will be responsible for directing and growing REDF’s young Impact Lending practice. This newly-created role will manage all aspects of REDF’s commercial lending to employment-social enterprises and mission-aligned businesses. The role is responsible for strategy and operations including: origination, underwriting, and portfolio management. REDF needs someone willing to roll up their sleeves and be a hands-on doer when needed, as well as a great people leader and collaborator. Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial and motivated to help build this new practice which is intended to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the social enterprise sector and to helping thousands of individuals facing employment barriers such as incarceration, mental health challenges, and histories of homelessness.
See what a job can do!
REDF is a venture philanthropy that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of employment social enterprises―double bottom-line businesses helping people who otherwise are shut out of the workforce to get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has invested in 177 employment social enterprises in 26 states, employing more than 36,000 people and generating revenue of more than $720M. In 2017 REDF launched the Impact Lending practice to add an important tool to accelerate the growth of employment social enterprises. REDF is demonstrating a model for how ﬂexible loan terms combined with technical assistance can improve borrower performance and attract new sources of capital.
· Ensure a steady pipeline of qualified borrowers across regions and within priority lending sectors (alternative staffing, maintenance & recycling, consumer goods, and manufacturing).
· Represent REDF’s impact lending practice at industry events to educate new audiences.
· Identify partnership opportunities with co-lenders including CDFIs, impact investors, and philanthropic organizations to build and share pipeline.
Building a Team and Developing Talent
· Self-awareness as a leader, demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust and value input of diverse people across levels, functions, culture, and geography.
· Hands-on manager, providing feedback with a growth mindset, creating opportunities for staff to increase skills while establishing clear responsibilities and accountability for performance.
· Design workflows and procedures to optimize performance of a small team.
· Work collaboratively and efficiently across departments.
Please submit your resume and cover letter via REDF’s applicant portal. A personalized cover letter is required; applications without one will not be considered.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Associate Director, Impact Lending
Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, the Associate Director will be responsible for directing and growing REDF’s young Impact Lending practice. This newly-created role will manage all aspects of…