The National Academy of Design seeks an energetic, highly organized individual to join its team to serve as Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Deputy Director and manages the day-to-day activities of the organization. They serve as a primary liaison with staff, Board of Governors, National Academicians, donors, vendors, and the larger National Academy community. Ongoing duties will include general office management; organizing the meetings of our Board of Governors and internal and external committees; and assisting with the activities of our Development Department. The successful candidate will be proactive, discrete, have a positive attitude, and be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a team-oriented approach.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF DESIGN
Founded in 1825, the National Academy of Design promotes art and architecture in America through exhibition and instruction. As the leading honorary society for visual artists and architects in the United States, we advocate for the arts as a tool for education, celebrate the role of artists and architects in public life, and serve as a catalyst for cultural conversations that propel society forward.
As it looks ahead to its 200th anniversary in 2025, the National Academy of Design is at an especially exciting moment of reinvention and possibility. Following the sale of its buildings on New York’s Museum Mile, and the subsequent creation of a board-restricted endowment, the National Academy is refocusing on the artists and architects who are at the core of its mission, and developing a vibrant schedule of exhibitions and programs that builds on the Academy’s extraordinary history to explore critical issues in contemporary art, architecture, and culture.
• Manage ongoing office operations, including scheduling, office supply inventory, communications systems, and more
• Organize and maintain administrative and development server files
• Coordinate with maintenance, housekeeping, and equipment vendors for general upkeep of offices
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries
• Liaise with staff, board, donors, members, and other constituents as needed
• Assist the Deputy Director with the onboarding of new employees
• Coordinate with the National Arts Club for management of our office spaces and access for staff and guests
• Additional administrative activities as assigned
• Assist with Salesforce database management
• Draft correspondence and oversee development mailings
• Enter incoming donations into database and prepare thank you letters
• Special research projects, such as gathering Board bios, as needed
Board of Governors & Committees
• Assist with ongoing operations of Board of Governors and committees
• Schedule and maintain Board of Governors meetings/calendar
• Schedule committee meetings as needed
• Draft and file meeting minutes
• 3-5 years of related work experience, preferably in a similar role and/or with an arts or cultural organization
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal; a tactful communicator
• Ability to represent the organization in a professional, poised, and generous manner
• Enthusiasm for the organization’s mission
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency G-Suite and MS Office Suite; experience with Salesforce a plus
• Meticulous attention to detail, and a commitment to high performance standards and an inclusive working environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, organize and set priorities, and function calmly under pressure
• Flexible, adaptive, punctual, and highly reliable
The salary for this full-time, non-exempt, permanent position is $50,000 and includes an excellent comprehensive benefits package.
The National Academy of Design seeks an energetic, highly organized individual to join its team to serve as Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Deputy Director and manages the day-to-day activities of the…
Proficiency with English required
Proficiency with English required
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and résumé in a single PDF document titled “Last Name_Administrative Assistant”. Please put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The National Academy of Design is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color, and gender nonconforming candidates to apply. The National Academy of Design is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, gender identification, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Please send an email to email@example.com with your cover letter and résumé in a single PDF document titled “Last Name_Administrative Assistant”. Please put…