Details: Starting salary is in the mid-$30,000's and is commensurate with experience.
489 Congress Street
Based in Portland, Maine, the Immigrant Legal Advocacy Project (ILAP) is Maine’s only state-wide immigration legal aid organization. ILAP’s mission is to help low-income immigrants improve their legal status and to work for more just and humane laws and policies affecting immigrants. ILAP’s work includes direct legal services for over 3,000 clients each year; education and outreach to immigrant communities; and systemic advocacy on local, state, and federal immigration law issues.
ILAP is seeking an Office and Development Associate to work closely with the Executive Director, Development Director, and accountant to manage ILAP’s administrative functions, including finance and human resources, and to support fundraising and development efforts.
• Responsible for financial administrative tasks, including: pay bills, make deposits, submit payroll; and work closely with ILAP’s contract accountant to complete monthly financial reconciliation, 990, audit, and other year-end financial tasks.
• Coordinate ILAP’s human resources functions, including: manage human resources paperwork and employee benefits, conduct onboarding for new employees, and organize and maintain confidential administrative files.
• Carry out regular office and administrative tasks including: order office supplies, complete annual registrations and renewals, manage relationships with vendors, work closely with offsite technical support staff to address IT issues, and various other administrative duties as needed.
• Support the Development Director with fundraising, communications, and other administrative tasks, including: maintain donor database and mailing list; donor communications; assist with fundraising mailings, newsletters, grant applications and reports; help to coordinate special events and other development tasks; maintain ILAP’s website and assist with other social media.
• Bachelor’s degree or specialized training.
• Two years or more of related administrative experience.
• Excellent organizational and people skills.
• Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and to multitask.
• Excellent computer skills including prior experience with financial software and donor database programs. Prior experience with GiftWorks and QuickBooks is preferable; basic experience with InDesign, Illustrator, and Publisher is also desirable.
• Experience working with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Competitive benefits package, including fully paid individual health insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, resume and writing sample by e-mail to Sue Roche, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on September 7th and will continue until the position is filled.