About Global Citizen
Our mission is to build a movement of 100MM Global Citizens whose actions will help achieve our vision of a world without extreme poverty by 2030.
Global Citizen is a movement of engaged citizens who are using their collective voice to end extreme poverty by 2030. On our platform, Global Citizens learn about the systemic causes of extreme poverty, take action on those issues, and earn rewards for their actions — as part of a global community committed to lasting change.
So far, more than 13 million actions have been taken by Global Citizens, leading to $35 billion commitments being made by world leaders, which are set to affect 1.3 billion lives by 2030.
We are looking for a Rewards Senior Associate to join our team in Johannesburg.
The Rewards senior associate will play a key role on the Global Citizen Rewards team, helping facilitate our loyalty program and user engagement in South Africa. Global Citizen Rewards is the program that allows our users to win prizes with the points they’ve earned taking action on Global Citizen and to earn special benefits for their ongoing engagement in the Global Citizen community.
In the day to day, you will support the Rewards and Marketing teams to communicate with users who participate in the program, manage rewards inventory on the Global Citizen platform, and develop promotional assets for the program.
- Oversee Rewards program for South African market to ensure it serves as a valuable engagement tool for our target audience
- Secure new Rewards, manage Rewards drawings, and provide accurate program performance reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Support development of Rewards partnerships by helping to develop pitch materials, partnership outlines, etc. Serve as day-to-day relationship manager for key Rewards partners to successfully implement plans
- Identify and secure new opportunities for Rewards growth to drive user participation
- Work in partnership with Email & Content Marketing Manager to implement marketing plans and develop promotional assets for Rewards, including copy and images for emails, social media, advertisements, etc.
- Work with Citizenship Director to outline program needs related to South African market; contribute to discussions among internal stakeholders to align program vision with overall organizational objectives
- Oversee day-to-day Rewards engagement in South Africa, including securing winners, delivering Rewards, and managing customer service
- Analyze and evaluate Rewards performance in South Africa; provide regular reports to colleagues and partners
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-3 years experience in a marketing role with day-to-day client or partner relationship management
- Experience implementing strategic marketing initiatives, including loyalty programs
- Demonstrated interest in marketing, public relations, or program management
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Highly proficient in MS Office including Excel, Google Docs, Google Calendar; ability to quickly learn new software systems
- Interest in international development and economic empowerment
- Interest in South African entertainment and culture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with variety of individuals and organizations
- Ability to handle projects with professionalism and discretion
- Can-do attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves and work hard to tight deadlines
- Ability to show initiative
- Creative flare and not afraid to pitch out-of-the-box ideas
- Full time contract role
- Reports to Director of Citizenship Programs in New York; day-to-day management oversight by South Africa Director
- Must be authorized for employment in South Africa
- Based in Johannesburg
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply here with a resume and cover letter submission.