About the position
The Case Management Supervisor will provide supervisory services to Case Managers and assist clients with the goal of moving families in the Bronx to greater stability. Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the public-benefits-focused case management at POTS with the goal of maximizing clients’ knowledge of and access to the programs and benefits for which they are eligible to assist them on their journeys out of poverty. Support clients with accessing legal services, workforce development, detoxification, psychiatric and domestic violence prevention services and performing holistic case management services that help families move from crisis to stability and, ultimately, self-sufficiency according to POTS Theory of Change. Conduct outreach and presentations to educate low income households about benefits.
- Provide direct supervision, orientation and training to Case Managers.
- Identify and coordinate the training and educational needs of Case Management staff.
- Work with the Manager and Director of Programs to ensure quality, comprehensive and caring services are being provided to POTS clients.
- Track program goals set for funders and responsible for the completion of grant reporting.
- Serve as a liaison with designated funders and assist with grant reporting and compliance.
- Provide case management service to clients including screening and intake benefit access.
- Prepare SNAP applications, re-certification, mediations, change reports and periodic reports.
- Assist clients in obtaining and maintaining cash and non-cash benefits such as WIC, Medicaid, Lifeline phones, SSI/SSD, SCRIE and DRIE.
- Support clients to navigate access to various forms of temporary and permanent housing.
- Refer clients to other social services providers for additional assistance with public benefits.
- Attend conferences, staff training, and various meetings such as team and partner events.
- Cover caseloads when necessary and perform other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Flexible schedule including occasional Saturday work
- Dedication to the mission, vision and values of POTS
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree plus five years relevant experience in a Social Services agency
- Experience with SNAP application (POS) and connecting clients to other public benefits
- Cultural competence and sensitivity to relate professionally with clients and their families
- Leadership and management experience; highly attentive to detail and organized
- Ability to communicate effectively and customer service experience
- Flexible, adaptable, team player, and hardworking and results oriented
· Salary commensurate with experience
· All full-time employees receive comprehensive medical and dental coverage
· Other benefits including 401(k) retirement plan and FSA plan
· Opportunities for professional development
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required