Details: Salary + Benefits
The School Leadership Fellowship will transform education for Idaho’s neediest students by developing educational leaders who are passionate about improving the prospects of children. Bluum seeks to recruit top education talent into the ranks of Idaho’s public school leadership.
The one-year fellowship will ultimately prepare an individual for all aspects of school leadership including responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and leading the academic and instructional needs of the students and staff in one of Bluum’s '20 in 10' partner schools.
- Serve in a one-year fellowship with placement in an existing '20 in 10' school partner.
- Learn alongside experienced educators in the classroom and through administrative duties as a member of the school leadership team.
- Be an instructional expert by ensuring teachers plan rigorous and engaging lessons and effectively execute them to ensure all students are working with content aligned to the appropriate standards for their subject and grade.
- Use data all day, every day to assess qualitative and quantitative student data in order to draw insightful conclusions from it and adjust instruction as necessary.
- Coach your staff and improve their performance through clear coaching visions, effective debriefs, and strong school-based professional development.
- Create a positive student and staff culture that reflects high expectations and a positive learning environment.
- Communicate and collaborate with parents and staff to ensure each student is making strong academic and social progress.
- Be a constant learner by regularly reflecting on your own strengths and areas of development.
- Create a real, and long-term impact in Idaho.
Who Should Apply
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience, preferably with at-risk or underserved students
- Extensive experience in leading, motivating and developing adults preferably in a school-based setting
- Experience creating data-driven results
- Deep belief that all children, no matter their personal backgrounds or previous educational experience, can learn and become productive citizens
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, including the ability to find solutions to what others consider insoluble problems
- Passion to thrive in a new environment with challenging opportunities to make a lasting impact
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (health, vision, dental, 403b)
- Relocation reimbursement
- Opportunities to visit and learn from high-performing schools
- Certification / credentialing assistance
- Leadership coaching and mentorship
- Technical assistance
- A high impact opportunity in education
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please be prepared to answer the following essay questions, and provide requested data (details below), and submit a resume through the application form.
- Describe your philosophy on school leadership. What makes a great leader? How are you uniquely qualified for a school leadership role? Which aspects of school leadership do you anticipate being most challenging for you?
- Describe how you have helped someone with whom you have worked to be more effective. What did you do to help this person grow? Did the person's performance ultimately improve? Why or why not?
- Why are you interested in becoming an Idaho School Leadership Fellow?
- Please upload a brief analysis of a data set that shows student growth related to your impact in your current role.