Details: $20 hr
3036 S 1st St
Description: The College Hub, Austin’s first college support center for low-income nontraditional students, provides wraparound support services to help students get to and through college. Services include financial aid assistance, student support services, scholarships, and scholarship mentoring. We also offer a free college course in the Humanities called Free Minds. The College Hub is seeking a College Hub Coordinator who is passionate about higher education and helping people reach their goals. This position reports to the College Hub Manager.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide one-on-one support to prospective and current college students
- Complete financial aid applications (FAFSA and TASFA) and all required financial aid forms for students and parents
- Provide college coaching and planning assistance to students
- Help students complete college applications and admissions paperwork
- Work with students to find resources for both academic and non-academic barriers
- Develop and implement operations procedures across multiple sites
- Create processes for managing voicemails, emails, and phone calls
- Manage office hours and oversee appointment scheduling system
- Design and implement procedures for follow-up services
- Hire, train, and supervise seasonal staff to prepare FAFSAs/TASFAs during peak financial aid season
- Lead recruitment activities to attract suitable applicants
- Provide ongoing training and support to seasonal College Hub staff
- Facilitate team meetings
- Coordinate College Hub participation at community and school events
- Lead communications with schools and community partners and follow-up as needed
- Assign staff attendees roles for outreach activities and events
- Track events attended and debrief as needed
- Ensure that the number of financial aid applications completed is on track with annual goals
- Monitor program activity utilizing agency database
- Make adjustments to services to aid in meeting annual goals
- Track program data for grant reporting purposes and provide program information for grant reports
- Bachelor's degree and a combination of two years’ experience in admissions, student services, student personnel, or related field
- Experience completing FAFSA and TASFA forms and knowledge of financial aid resources
- Experience developing and managing partnerships and relationships
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal) required
- Proficiency using standard office computer programs and databases o Experience collecting, reporting, and using data to make strategic decisions
- Ability to establish plans and manage a varied workload, deadlines, and conflicting priorities
- Ability to work in a team while also handling individual day-to-day responsibilities independently
- Must be able to read, write, and speak Spanish
Position Information: This is a full-time (40 hrs. /week), year-round, benefits-eligible position consisting of daytime, evening and Saturday hours. This position pays $20hr.
Foundation Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation & gender identity.
This is a full-time (40 hr. /week), year-round, benefits-eligible position consisting of daytime, evening and Saturday hours. This position pays $20/hr.
Level of Language Proficiency
Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to type College Hub Coordinator in the email subject line. No phone calls or visits please.