One Pierrepont Plaza - Suite 901
About the Program
At Graham Windham our Family Foster Care programs help children to get back to their families, adopted into a new family or connected to someone who is willing to be an anchor for children, throughout their childhood and into adulthood. To help us do that, we have hundreds of loving & highly qualified foster parents primarily in Brooklyn, Manhattan, the Bronx and Westchester County- who serve as our foster children's substitute family. The Treatment Family Foster Care (TFFC) program extends this support along with additional services to children and youth with specialized emotional, mental health and/or other developmental needs.
About the Position
Graham Windham's Treatment Family Foster Care program seeks a Socio-Therapist Supervisor to build and lead a strong team that provides and coordinates excellent quality care and healing to Graham Windham’s children and ensures that every one of the children on the caseload is living a nurturing, safe, and permanent family as quickly as possible. Find out more about what it is like to be a Supervisor in our Family Foster Care Program by viewing one of our Realistic Job Preview videos at http://www.graham-windham.org/careers/employee-videos/Opens a New Window.
Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
•Creates and maintains a supportive working and learning environment.
•Provides formal and informal supportive, programmatic and clinical supervision to each team member; holds formal individual supervision at least bi-weekly (or more often when warranted/directed) and team meetings on a monthly basis.
• Evaluates staff performance, accurately assessing the strengths and developmental needs of team members.
•Holds staff accountable for strong performance.
•Ensures appropriate record-keeping.
•Responds to case emergencies (after hours when necessary)
•Responsible for behavior planning for each child in the TFFC program
•Participate in Treatment Team meeting on a bi-weekly basis
Graham Windham offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, holiday pay, retirement savings plan, and much more.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Requires Masters of Social Work or equivalent human services graduate degree;
- At least 2 years’ documented supervisory and relevant experience in Child Welfare/Human Services;
- Must be able to travel within NYC Metropolitan area;
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; time management and organizational skills;
- Computer literate: MS Office- NYS Connections;
- Familiarity with ACS, OCFS, OMRDD, DYCD and other relevant municipal and state agencies;
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred;
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
Minimum Education Required