Seeking passionate, experienced, Licensed Registered Nurse with experience and expertise in psychiatric setting. Excellent opportunity for RN looking for dynamic position outside of hospital setting, with daytime hours. The PROS program provides individuals with severe and persistent mental health conditions a full range of comprehensive, recovery-oriented services, with the purpose of assisting them in overcoming barriers caused by their mental health condition, developmental disability or substance use disorder.
This role serves as a member of the clinical treatment team providing health assessments, medication management and education, clinical counseling/symptom monitoring, relapse prevention, crisis intervention and skills training related to integration of behavioral and physical health.
· Communicate with primary care physicians regarding the physical health issues and diagnosis’ of program participants.
· Facilitate classes on self-care, patient rights and advocacy, nutrition, health life styles, health maintenance and medication management.
· Respond to medical or psychiatric emergencies with crisis intervention services, de-escalation of situations of acute distress which require immediate attention and to address immediate risks such as relapse, hospitalization, loss of housing or involvement with the criminal justice system, as well as glucose and blood pressure testing support and interpretation.
· Administer and read Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) test to program participants in accordance with program and facility regulations.
· Request and coordinate clinical records from community based providers for individuals transferring to PROS clinic.
· Provide engagement services with the purpose of fostering an individual’s commitment to enter into therapeutic relationships and participate in program services supportive of the individual’s recovery.
Health, Safety, & Compliance
· Maintain a work environment in a clean, organized, and safe manner. Conduct daily inspections of work areas to look for unsafe conditions
· Use all required safety devices and personal protective equipment. Train staff on all safe operating procedures and on the use of personal protective equipment
· Provide leadership and positive direction necessary for maintaining a safe work environment as well as hold all subordinates accountable in providing direction necessary for maintaining a safe work environment
· Actively participate in and support employee participation in health and safety practices and accident prevention
· Ensure all accidents are reported to supervisor and Human Resources, thoroughly investigated, and properly documented. Investigate near-miss incidents to determine root cause to promote accident prevention.
· Be familiar with the Health & Safety Program and abide by all safety and health rules, work practices, and regulations.
· Demonstrate positive work attitudes and habits. Act as a role model for success for individuals
· Maintain a clean and neat appearance consistent with agency standards and act as a role model
· Attend all required meetings and trainings
· Participate in training programs for professional growth as scheduled and approved
· Responsible for understanding and adhering to Gateway Community Industries’ Corporate Compliance Policy and Standards of Conduct as well as all applicable program rules, regulations and policies. Keep abreast of any changes or modifications to policies or regulations. Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of applicable regulations, laws, and policies
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Registered Nurse (RN) Licensed in NYS
· Three years experience working with individuals with psychiatric diagnosis’
· Valid NYS driver’s license, must maintain a driving record that meets the insurable criteria of the Agency’s automobile insurance carrier
· Must have a favorable result from the federal/state exclusions background check as well as a background check facilitated through fingerprinting and mandated by NYS law Chapter 575.
BONA FIDE WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be reviewed per ADA standards.
· Must be able to sit or stand for 8 hours/day
· Must be able to bend down or kneel occasionally (1-2 times/week)
· Must be able to use hands, wrists, and fingers with full range of motion
REGULATORY CLEARANCES REQUIRED:
· Must have a favorable result from all state, federal, and agency mandated background checks
Affirmative Action & EEO Statement: It is the policy of Gateway Community Industries to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law. This policy relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities. Provisions in applicable laws providing for bona fide occupational qualifications, business necessity or age limitations will be adhered to by the company where appropriate.
As part of the company’s equal employment opportunity policy, Gateway Community Industries will also take affirmative action as called for by applicable laws and Executive Orders to ensure that minority group individuals, females, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other protected veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, and qualified disabled persons are introduced into our workforce and considered for promotional opportunities.
Seeking passionate, experienced, Licensed Registered Nurse with experience and expertise in psychiatric setting. Excellent opportunity for RN looking for dynamic position outside of hospital setting, with daytime…