Performance Based Standards (PBS) Coordinator
- Job posted by Sheltering Arms Children and Family Services, Inc.
The Performance Based Standards (PBS) Coordinator leads the PBS team and improvement effort in juvenile facilities to ensure the PBS program is properly implemented and integrated throughout facility operations. The PBS Coordinator coordinates all aspects of PBS and works with the facility administrator, site coordinator, state coordinator and PBS coach to promote PBS and continuous improvement. The PBS Coordinator undertakes the following responsibilities, Create a tracking systems that ensures the Process of PBS, Review of Site FIP, Admin Forms, and all Surveys.
This position will serve the 4 NSPs in the Bronx as well as our Queens location, so the candidate should be willing to travel.
- Educates management team and new staff about PBS;
- Connect with the facility administrator and state coordinator to prepare for the data collection, reviewing notable changes or updates;
- Share and discuss improvements, areas of concern and recommendations to the PBS team;
- Provide PBS information for strategic planning, annual agency reports and reports to legislatures as needed;
- Share PBS news, blogs, tweets and pictures with participants; and
- Share local news, blogs, tweets and pictures with PBS.
- Assist in creating a PBS team for the facility that will reflect the full array of services provided and operations (cottage/unit, security, social services, mental health, medical, education, recreation, administration, etc.);
- Approve facility staff that should have access to the PBS website;
- Motivate and create buy-in for team members; and
- Coordinate with the facility administrator to create an agenda and schedule PBS team meetings regularly.
- Conducts tracking tool of missing and or completed PBS mandates i.e. PBS Screening Tool, youth Record Forms, Administrative From, Idle Time Form, and all other mandates required.
- Send Calendar and reminders to all facilities of upcoming task/mandates.
- Supports facilities with entries to mandates in the event their absence of a Site Administrator.
- Conducts random site visits to sites to ensure that facilities are in adherence of PbS implementation.
- Coordinate with the facility administrator, state coordinator and PBS team to verify the highest quality data is reported to PBS and reported consistently;
- Monitor the facility’s data during each draft period to maximize consistency and ensure that the facility has adhered to PBS definitions and all data has been recorded;
- Respond to any concerns about the facility’s data quality;
- Work with the facility administrator, state coordinator and PBS coach to analyze results of the data collections and discuss findings with the PBS team;
- Help coordinate the analysis and presentation of outcome and summary reports with state coordinator and facility administrator to agency, facility leaders by providing data and relevant information as requested;
- Work with the facility administrator and PBS coach on issues flagged in reports and identify areas to target for improvement planning to communicate to PBS team; and
- Work with the facility administrator, PBS team, state coordinator and PbS coach to identify areas for improvement based on the PBS data, agency and facility initiatives and strategic plans;
- Work with PBS team members and facility leadership in the development of improvement and guide implementation of the facility improvement plan in the facility;
- Review data related to existing improvement plans with the PBS team, including interim data to identify trends and progress;
- Ensure timely, meaningful updates are made and enter required review comments;
- Communicate the improvement plan throughout the facility to engage and involve all staff in the relevant action steps ; and
- Ensure approval of plans from agency management, if required.
- Present PBS to management team and staff;
- Answer questions about user setup, the PBS data collection process and improvement plans, referring to the PBS Help Desk and PBS coach as appropriate;
- Share training and technical assistance concerns with the PBS Help Desk and PBS coach;
- Assist in training new members of the PBS team and agency leadership; and
- Serve as a mentor and support for team and staff.
- Participate and include all available PBS team members in the PBS Distance Learning Webinars (DLWs) and on-line trainings and share information learned with administration and PBS team members;
- Coordinate and attend site visits with the PBS coach including meetings, data reviews, report analysis and improvement plan development; and
- Participate in facility exit meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work, human services, or related field
- 2+ experience working with adolescents in a human services environment
- 2+ years prior experience working with residential teens
- Prior advocacy experience preferred
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Applied experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link