The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, clean water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Manager, Global Cause Partnerships
The Global Cause Partnerships (GCP) Team is a dynamic and growing team responsible for building partnerships with organizations committed to fundraising and advocating in support of the world’s most vulnerable children. Partners include service and faith-based organizations, diaspora communities, professional and trade associations and other 501(c)(3) organizations.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Global Cause Partnerships, the Manager will identify, manage and grow fundraising partnerships between UNICEF USA and civil society partners, with a focus on faith-based organizations. UNICEF USA recognizes the shared commitment with these groups to ensuring the survival and well-being of the world’s children, and the Manager will develop strategies to build trusting and long-lasting relationships with these constituencies. The Manager will be responsible for developing new and stewarding existing partnerships within this portfolio to meet fundraising and engagement goals in support of UNICEF’s global work.
This position can be based in one of our regional offices located in Chicago, IL or New York, NY.
This is a three-year grant-funded position.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- In collaboration with the Global Cause Partnerships team, manage a portfolio of faith-based organizational partners, ensuring that fundraising and engagement goals are met
- Spearhead the cultivation, management and growth of key relationships with faith-based organizations interested in supporting UNICEF’s work in child survival and development, including health, education, nutrition, child protection, water and sanitation, children’s rights and more
- Identify and pursue new prospective partners
- Execute elements of the faith-based outreach strategy specifically tailored to diverse faith denominations in the U.S. that have significant potential for partnership, including the development of targeted outreach materials
- Identify opportunities for faith-based organizations to engage in awareness-raising and advocacy as part of a movement for children in the U.S.
- Negotiate partnership terms and contracts, including drafting, editing and producing compelling customized proposals, reports and briefs as well as clear agreements for partners and partnerships
- Develop and deliver presentations and lead meetings internally and externally
- Manage and track donor contacts and interactions within the donor database BBCRM
- Work in collaboration with other team members to implement networking events and summits with donors and prospects
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in fundraising, international development, international relations, global/public health, public policy/advocacy, economics or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in fundraising, business development and/or relationship/account management with demonstrated track record of successfully achieving funding for, or administering, large-scale projects; experience raising funds from civil society membership-based organizations a plus
- Demonstrated understanding of NGO and civil society organizations and the not-for-profit fundraising environment; knowledge of international development issues/language and international/domestic grant experience a plus
- Experience working within or managing relationships with faith-based organizations; ability to speak sensitively and appropriately across groups of many different background and beliefs
- Ability to contribute to proposals, reports, research and presentations that are client-ready and reflect analytical thinking, creativity and a clear understanding of both the prospective partner’s requirements and UNICEF USA’s programs and assets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to prioritize; work independently; handle multiple, complex tasks simultaneously; and to generate pragmatic solutions to challenges
- Strong customer service approach to interactions with colleagues and partners; ability to navigate complex environments, and help build relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability and enthusiasm to further UNICEF USA’s mission
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply- All Applicants Must Apply Online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=UNICEFUSA&cws=1&rid=963