40 West 20th Street
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
We are seeking a creative and experienced individual to join the NRDC Products Team and help build on a recent implementation of Salesforce as part of a specialized CRM team. The position reports to the CRM Product Manager.
As Senior Salesforce Administrator you will bring a high level of expertise in the Salesforce platform, and bring focus to improving the system every day for the staff and organization. We're looking for someone with solutions-architect-level skills who can take our game to the next level. We are looking for a professional who has proven systems experience, interpersonal skills, the ability to work strongly in a team, and a desire to help the mission of NRDC.
- With a detailed understanding of the Salesforce platform, and the orientation to always learn more, make careful, well-considered, long term-oriented changes to the Salesforce platform resulting from high-level architecture decisions or ground-level support requests;
- Serve as a point of escalation between the front-line admins user support and the CRM Product Manager; help resolve tricky cases;
- Make rapid tweaks to improve user experience and usefulness for staff, based on triaged support requests;
- Design technical solutions, data models, and automations in line with NPSP, Salesforce, and nonprofit best practices for scalability, security, and usability;
- Update and maintain user records, profiles, permissions, and security; assist the CRM Product Manager to design ground-up enhancements to the security model, accounting for the complexity caused by large data volumes;
- Research, integrate, and maintain 3rd-party tools for uses such as email marketing, events, analytics, and more;
- Data cleanup and migration when required using tools such as Demand Tools and Data Loader;
- Help design the processes and lead the migration of any and all data currently residing in legacy systems and spreadsheets into Salesforce;
- Support end users and stakeholders in defining needs; show them how to get what they’re looking for out of Salesforce; Manage system and data integrity by establishing end-user best practices, leveraging administrative tools and employing regressions testing;
- Help iterate on and improve an ongoing data quality strategy;
- Execute various deep-dive technical projects sometimes working collaboratively, sometimes autonomously – including devising new functionality (which may later be contributed back to the open source NPSP project, in some cases);
- Work closely with the others members of the CRM team to arrive at smart, long term-oriented decisions, and cover all of the many disparate areas required for effective management of the platform and people's use of it.
- 5 -7 years of Salesforce experience, including experience designing solutions
- Experience as a consultant helping nonprofits implement Salesforce is preferred
- Hungry to take on a big challenge
- Desire to make your co-workers' lives easier
- Ability to identify and implement process and policy improvements.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly to a constantly changing landscape.
- Precision and quality focused; refusal to let details fall through the cracks
- Methodological, detail oriented, able to be careful and considerate under pressure;
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize multiple simultaneous requests, manage laterally and upwards, all with a professional and courteous attitude.
- Ability to provide instruction to audiences of varying technical ability
- Comfortable working in a small, collaborative team environment
- High energy and passion for the mission of NRDC.
- Focus on making it work – we want someone open-minded, who looks at problems from every angle, who has an appetite and patience for getting it right, revisiting, constantly improving.
Priority will be given to candidates with a combination of some of the following expertise:
- Configuring and maintaining middleware and ETL tools for complex integrations
- CRM adoption, support, and training
- Release and environment management
- NPSP expertise / non-profit use cases
- Business analysis
- Agile project management
- Quality Assurance / coordinating User Acceptance Testing Data migration
- Data quality tools and best practices
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-899-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required