Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
3030 20th street
Southern Exposure seeks an experienced development manager to strategize fundraising and communications efforts with the staff and Board of Directors, with the goal of raising contributions to support and awareness of SoEx’s programs. The External Relations Manager position is one of grand vision achieved through diligent, detail-oriented work on a small scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and build donor pipeline.
- Develop Moves Management Plan for donors and track in donor database.
- Create timely and meaningful donor acknowledgments.
- Create and execute annual communications plan for donors.
- Create fundraising packets for donor meetings.
- Develop and oversee production of Annual Fund materials.
- Maintain online giving program and manage online giving tools.
- With the Executive Director, cultivate Board prospects.
- Assist in preparation of grant applications including the creation of year-in-review reports and press and print materials packets. Oversee the development of sponsorship solicitation materials.
- Oversee/maintain work samples and Data Arts Report.
- Maintain Grant calendar.
- With Executive Director and Engagement Coordinator, envision and oversee donor cultivation events.
- Publicize the annual benefit auction, Monster Drawing Rally and other fundraising events as needed.
- Support SoEx staff in seeking sponsorship and donations from businesses, supporters and artists, and serve on planning committees.
- Provide administrative support and work at fundraising events.
- Track annual activities and audience statistics.
- Sit on SoEx’s Fundraising Committee and work with the Board of Directors to realize board directed initiatives.
- With Executive Director, meet individual and institutional fundraising goals.
- Create and implement annual communication plans and budgets and actively participate in organization-wide planning, assessment and retreats.
- Ensure that style and voice of SoEx is maintained in all communications.
- Oversee and manage website, including content creation, design, and functionality. Collaborate with SoEx staff to ensure timely updates with relevant and new information. Maintain relationships with developers and designers to support ongoing development of website’s Archive and Store sections.
- Write, program and source images for weekly SoEx email announcements and maintain various email lists.
- With support from SoEx staff, draft and distribute press releases and respond to press inquiries. Maintain and expand SoEx’s press list for accuracy and currency. Communicate with news outlets and cultivate relationships with freelance writers to generate coverage of SoEx programming. Respond to requests for information and images. Update website and press binders with press received. Ensure timely posting of calendar listings, public listings and printed directories.
- Collaborate with staff to structure, create and edit content for poster mailers, postcards, flyers and invitations. Create annual print schedule. Cultivate relationships with designers and ensure that designers create posters and other print materials that reflect SoEx’s sensibility and commitment to creativity. Maintain relationship with mail house and printers.
- Review and edit copy for web, emails, print materials and press releases for consistency, accuracy and adherence to SoEx voice. Actively maintain and grow SoEx’s social media presence on outlets such as Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Write creative, frequent and relevant updates.
- Manage approximately 2 communications interns and develop related projects.
- Serve as an advocate of SoEx’s mission and work to enhance the reputation, role and recognition of Southern Exposure in the broader community.
- Build and enhance relationships with artists, neighbors, members, donors and business sponsors by attending and organizing events.
- Assist in day-to-day operations of the organization and all related programs.
Applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of three years proven skills in development, communications, and marketing. The applicant is highly organized, detail oriented and is able to meet deadlines. The position requires extremely strong communication, writing, editing, organizational and computer skills. Artistic background and contemporary art knowledge encouraged. Applicant must be able to show personal initiative as well as be able to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Must enjoy working in an informal, creative, disruptive and fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with donor database programs necessary. The position will support the mission of Southern Exposure and maintain its diversity of experiences, cultures, professions, ages, genders and ideas.
Southern Exposure is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Full Health and Vacation Benefits, Shared Vision and Dental.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English required; proficiency in Spanish preferred.
Minimum Education Required