5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York – hailed by the NYTimes “the original gangster of unfussy fitness” is on a mission to bring different individuals together to get healthy and strengthen their communities as they do so. We’re so much more than a gym – we’re a purpose-built organization dedicated to lifting up New Yorkers – like new Americans through our New Americans welcome centers, or working families with free afterschool and enrichment for teens – that has served New Yorkers for over 160 years.
The Director of Digital Strategy is a key member of the Marketing and Communications department. He/she and is responsible for generating and implementing the Y’s digital vision and overseeing its execution, while crafting strategies that map to the Y’s Strategic Plan priorities and core brand position. He/she is a “strategic doer” – someone who can create a plan and then roll up their sleeves and make it happen.
Reporting to the SVP Marketing and Communications, the Director of Digital Strategy will lead digital strategy and development, including online platform integration and digital content development for mobile, social, email, and display. This position serves as a bridge between IT and marketing to effectively evolve, optimize and support the Y’s digital presence.
- Lead and deliver Web integration project on budget and on schedule. Provide ongoing support to re-build and maintain an intuitive, user-focused, and accessible web experience. Lead on SEO and data management.
- Develop a roadmap for the YMCA’s digital ecosystem.
- Develop, manage and produce integrated digital campaigns that touch multiple online platforms for a cohesive digital strategy that includes email, social, text, blogs, web, mobile, and emerging channels to increase customer engagement, build the brand, drive digital sales, and support overall business objectives.
- Create and executes the digital media content calendar, ensuring alignment with the association to synchronize messaging and design across all channels.
- Analyze performance of digital initiatives to assess against association goals; monitor and report on ROI/ROAS and other relevant KPIs. Translate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) into actionable insights.
- Optimizes digital campaign performance through systematic A/B testing.
- Ensure that the Y’s digital properties are accessible to users of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Serve as a brand advocate and work to maintain brand standards, including the Y voice.
- Present research and case studies of market trends and measurement data for new opportunities and learning purposes.
- Support digital partnerships and help manage third-party vendor relationships.
- Foster a collaborative team environment within Marketing and with association staff and external partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, English or related field of study.
- Demonstrated success in digital transformation including: project managing web redesign and content migration processes; digital marketing; analytics; and content strategy and development. Understanding of the intersection of media, marketing and technology.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and communicate them with developers and non-developers.
- Mobile and responsive design, user research, persona development, UX/UI design.
- Project management and collaboration across multiple departments and hierarchies.
- Experience building customer engagement across multiple digital platforms.
- In-depth knowledge in effective use of major social media platforms, analytics, tag manager, Google Ad Words, responsive design, mobile applications, web accessibility, a variety of CMSs, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of development approaches and cycles.
- Prior experience working with diverse populations, including socio-economic populations.
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills including ability to compose content—mine, shape and share compelling stories.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please send your cover letter and resume with subject line “Director, Digital Strategy” to email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Human Resources Department
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.