We are seeking a positive, detail-oriented Choir Operations Coordinator to join our staff. This position handles concert logistics, choir tours, and uniforms, and provides support for event logistics, artistic collaborations and other special projects. The ideal candidate has experience with project management as well as concerts or events; is comfortable managing multiple priorities and deadlines; and thrives in a creative, collaborative environment. Must be comfortable working with girls ages 6-18 and their parents.
Northwest Girlchoir transforms the lives of girls and young women through outstanding music education, dynamic choral performances, and an enduring community. Choristers ages 6-18 gain musical skills, confidence, and lasting friendships. Northwest Girlchoir is committed to racial equity, creating a welcoming, inclusive, and nurturing experience for all choristers, families, and audiences. We honor each individual’s history, heritage, and talents. Our community is strongest when all voices are affirmed and everyone is connected through the joy of singing.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities – 20 hours/week
Tour Coordination 25%
· Work with Artistic Director and Executive Director to determine scope, destinations, budget, minimum participation, and pricing for regional, national, and international choir tours (3-4 tours per year).
· Negotiate with vendors and coordinate logistics including transportation, lodging, activities.
· Secure chorister participants and chaperones and ensure minimum participation reached.
· Coordinate with Choir Administrator and Bookkeeper to ensure accurate tracking of payments, tour costs, and Tour Emergency Fund.
· Handle family communication and tour materials including registration forms, itinerary, handbook, parent meetings, informational emails, and individual problem-solving.
· Accompany choirs on regional, national, and international tours.
Concert Coordination 25%
· Work with Associate Artistic Director to maintain roster of local performance venues, including price, capacity, acoustics, etc.
· Once Associate Artistic Director has contracted venues for each annual concert, serve as main contact with each venue. Coordinate advance logistics and arrange for vendors/services/payments needed.
· Manage backstage operations and volunteers during mainstage and community concerts.
· Ensure delivery/setup of risers and any other needed equipment.
· Work with Marketing Coordinator to communicate concert details to choristers and families.
Uniform Management 25%
· Manage formal uniforms and t-shirts for 200-250 choristers.
· Set timeline and process, and work within budget, to manage vendors, fittings, alterations, distribution, collection, cleaning, and inventory.
· Recruit and supervise volunteers for fittings and backstage uniform support at concerts.
Artistic, Event, & Office Support 25%
· Manage creation of CDs and digital recordings (currently every other year), including coordination of staff, vendors, and licensing.
· Coordinate communication and logistics for collaborations and special artistic opportunities such as honor choir and visits/homestays from other choirs.
· Support Artistic Director as we expand our use of audio/visual and multidimensional elements of concerts, including virtual choir performances, livestreaming, and theatrical/multi-arts elements.
· Provide support for our free outreach choir at nearby elementary school(s).
· Support Development Director as needed on auction procurement and event logistics for annual Spring Fling fundraising dinner/concert.
· Serve as occasional front desk backup during vacations/as needed.
Staff concerts, events, and tours, and perform other duties as assigned.
Northwest Girlchoir is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, trans-gender status, ethnicity, marital status, disability, or religious belief. Successful candidates must pass a Criminal Records Check and have legal status to work in the USA.
We are seeking a positive, detail-oriented Choir Operations Coordinator to join our staff. This position handles concert logistics, choir tours, and uniforms, and provides support for event logistics, artistic collaborations and other…
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; employer-matched 403B; generous health insurance stipend. Flexible hours; tuition discount; casual work environment. Occasional remote work possible; mostly onsite at choir facility in N. Seattle.
Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave; employer-matched 403B; generous health insurance stipend. Flexible hours; tuition discount; casual work environment. Occasional remote…