Details: $16.00 Per Hour
55 Exchange Place
SEO Scholars is a free eight-year academic program that gets talented, low-income public high school students to and through college.
Weekday Site Assistants support the operations of SEO Scholars programming at both the SEO office and off-site partner locations in lower Manhattan and downtown Brooklyn. Weekday Site Assistants will provide support for and work in coordination with full-time SEO Scholars staff to execute after-school programming and tutoring for up to 200 high school students per day. The position reports to the Operations Manager.
The Site Assistant will work during after-school hours, approximately 3:15 to 6:30pm, though there may be opportunities for longer shifts. Dates for the Fall 2018 semester are weekdays September 11th through December 14th. Applicants must be available Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15-6:30pm.
- Serve as the primary point person at the SEO Scholars’ on-site base of operations.
- Coordinate set-up for after-school programming and tutoring, including transporting and organizing curriculum materials, setting up all classrooms and ensuring instructors and tutors have all necessary materials.
- Facilitate check-in process for students.
- Distribute MetroCards and other materials to students as required.
- Provide support to full-time Scholars staff as well as part-time instructors and tutors, including delivering materials to classes and assisting with tasks and projects as required.
- Coordinate end-of-day closing procedures, including storing curriculum and program materials and ensuring all spaces are left in satisfactory order.
- Enter attendance and MetroCard distribution data as needed.
- Copy and sort curriculum materials for program staff, instructors and Scholars.
- Perform additional administrative tasks, such as data entry, filing, copying and compiling mailings.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is/has:
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-orientation, and ability to multi-task and handle changing priorities.
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
- Highly resourceful and solutions-oriented.
- Sound judgment, maturity, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Can lift and carry boxes up to 30 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please e-mail your application to ScholarsStaffing@seo-usa.org using the following conventions:
- Subject: Weekday Site Assistant – First_Lastname.
- Body of E-mail: Include name and contact information.
- Attachments: Cover letter and resume saved as First_Lastname_Coverletter and First_Lastname_Resume.
Minimum Education Required