Details: Negotiable based on experience and salary history
Playa del Rey
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE? Do not miss this opportunity to work on a team with a nationally-known change maker Michael Josephson, author, radio commentator, law professor and founder of one of the country’s most influential organizations dedicated to improving the ethical quality of society (see bio at http://josephsoninstitute.org/michael-josephson and the Institute website at www.charactercounts.org.
The nonprofit Josephson Institute of Ethics is looking for a committed, intelligent, "can do" person of high character to join our customer service and sales. Qualified applicants must have at least two years work experience and positive job references. You will work in a home office with at least two other employees in Playa del Rey (near LAX), a 15 minute walk from the beach.
He serves as a consultant to business and government organizations (with a special concentration on police agencies), a speaker, author and trainer.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience and salary history. The position most suitable to applicants whose current financial needs are moderate, who place high value on relationships and clear communication and love to learn.
Duties & Responsibilities. The position entails delivering exceptional customer service to the Josephson Institute of Ethics clients and a knowledge of services and products to:
- Assess nature of product or service issues and resolve basic to complex support problems for customer inquiries received via email, phone
- Generate sales leads that develop into new customers.
- Become a product and services expert to help customers make the best selection
- Handle customer complaints; provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits and follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines and policies and be willing to go the extra mile to engage a customer
- Provide clear and empathetic customer support through email and phone calls
- Be detail oriented and organized
- Compose lists and reports on Excel
- Help recruit and train other associates as needed
Attributes, Experience and Skills Required.
- Character: Must understand and demonstrate commitment to Institute's Mission and possess good character based in a commitment to solid ethical values (see 6 Pillars of Character – https://charactercounts.org/program-overview/six-pillars/). References will be asked to comment on the applicant's character, including honesty, responsibility, and accountability.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree required
- Work History.At least 2 years working experience and positive references from at least two supervisors
- Positive, can do disposition
- Initiative and follow-through - must work effectively with and without close supervision and accept responsibility for completion of assigned tasks
- Ability and disposition to multi-task, prioritize, and juggle multiple tasks and projects including ability to quickly rearrange priorities and accommodate unexpected situations
- Must work well under time pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Flexibility to do whatever is required, even on late nights and occasional weekends
- Willingness and confidence to take on new challenges and learn new things
- Ability to deal positively with feedback – leadership has high standards and will occasionally give direct and candid corrective feedback
Skills. All skills necessary to meet all responsibilities including:
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills with an ability to calmly manage a wide range of clients with different needs
- A passion for what you do and a drive to improve
- High level of competence in Word and Excel
- Ability and comfort to discuss and negotiate workshops and training according services and products offered by the Josephson Institute
- A strong drive to complete tasks in a timely and quality manner
- Professionalism, ethical decision-making and strong moral character
- Prior sales experience and ability to speak Spanish a positive
Paid holidays, medical
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish a plus; four year degree preferred
Minimum Education Required