1825a K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Aga Khan Foundation U.S.A. (AKF USA), an international development organization committed to improving the living conditions and opportunities of under privileged communities in Asia and Africa, is seeking Finance Officer to support its Finance Department. This position is based in Washington, DC and is available immediately. Position reports to the Associate Director of Finance.
· Responsible for maintaining General Ledger including recording and reviewing of day-to-day financial transactions.
· Preparing Bank Reconciliations on a monthly basis
· Reviewing vouchers and payment requests and processing payments through checks and wire transfers
· Assisting with the year-end Financial Audits and preparing various audit schedules.
· Assist with Statutory filings such as solicitation registration renewals with various states, USAID Annual Registration, etc.
· Processing corporate credit cards and allocating expenses to various cost centers
· Assist with data entry, filing as well as ad-hoc report preparation as requested by the management.
· Assist with the grants reporting to various agencies on cash disbursements as well as expenses.
· Prepare and record grants accounting entries and complete grants reconciliation.
· Assist the Associate Director of Finance in developing AKF’s annual budget related to grants and organization’s admin and operating budget.
· Coordinating with relevant entities, completing entire cycle of processing donor reports and its submission on periodic basis as required by various donor agencies.
· Responsible for completing accounting treatment in ISCALA for expenses and revenues of almost 40+ grants which includes federal, private foundation and AKF USA funded programs
· Prepare quarterly General Ledger (GL) and Project Control worksheets (PCW) reconciliation for all grants.
· Prepare Intercompany Matrix on Semi-Annually Basis and reconcile with all field/partner offices for all grants.
· Obtain Year-end audit confirmation for all grants and third parties as requested by the auditors.
· Prepare annual 1099s for submission to the IRS
· Assist with preparing various schedules for annual 990 filing
· Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent related professional working experience;
· Accounting or Finance Department experience;
· Experience with grants and grants accounting is highly desirable;
· Non-profit accounting experience is a plus;
· Excellent inter-personal and communications skills;
· Ability to work in a fast paced, culturally diverse environment;
· Excellent writing, editing, and oral presentation skills;
· Excellent organizational, communication and leadership skills;
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary history to email@example.com or before October 31, 2018. Must indicate “Finance Officer” – October 2018” on the subject line.
Minimum Education Required