Details: Salary based on 25 hour work week
7640 276th Street Northwest
In partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director plans, directs, and coordinates all Development activities, major fundraising activities and special projects, by performing the following duties personally or through volunteers.
principal duties and responsibilities
The following statements for this position reflect the general duties fulfilled by the Development Director but shall not be considered a detailed description of all the duties that the position may require.
1. Establishes short and long range goals for funding sources. Produce a Development Plan and submit to the Executive Director and Board of Directors by October each year.
2. Major Gift/Donor Support – Produce major donor, board and special category solicitations/support materials with the intent to retain or upgrade gifts when possible.
3. Cultivates and nurture relationships with current & potential corporate & foundation sponsors and individual donors by producing specialized correspondences, preparing letters of acknowledgement, scheduling and attending in person visits.
4. Engage in research to identify new individual, and foundation prospects.
5. Work with Executive Director to develop funding related projects.
6. Organizes Individual donor campaigns (e.g., major donors, direct mail and board of trustees.) Organizes solicitation drives for pledges of ongoing support from individuals, corporations, and foundations.
7. Facilitate all major fundraising events along with the fundraising committee.
8. Act as committee chair for fundraising committee working with Executive Director and Board, as needed.
9. Work closely with Outreach Coordinator.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 2 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new donors.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills
- Must have proved experience in Donor Development and have training through Murdock Development Essentials or Donor Centered Fundraising or something comparable.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward cover letter listing experience along with a resume to email address listed.