Jean Paul II #218
Deputy Project Manager
Education, Project Management, Evaluation
Extensive travel between Port-au-Prince and Central Plateau
1 year; Start date September 1, 2018
Longitudinal Benchmarking & Evaluation Systems (LBES)
Quisqueya University (uniQ) is a private institution of higher education and research with 3500 enrolled students, renowned for being one of the top universities in Haiti. In 2015, Universitè Quisqueya founded InnovEd-UniQ which serves as an institute for innovation in education to facilitate teacher and school leader professional development, conduct research in pedagogical practices in Haiti, and push policy at the government level to promote an engaging, relevant, and reflective approach to education. InnovEd-UniQ is promoting and enhancing quality of education by becoming a driver for systemic national change in teacher professional development and pedagogical approaches to education.
InnovEd is seeking a deputy project manager for the Longitudinal Benchmarking & Evaluation Systems program with the main goal to: “Improve data-driven decision making and ensure stronger accountability in implementation of the Model School Network strategy by establishing a M&E Plan, coordinating accurate and valid data collection, and conducting analysis to inform program recommendations. The project will support the creation of a sustainable data management system which will monitor, review, and evaluate efficacy of the MSN by focusing on the outcomes for learners and the implementation of planned strategies and actions designed to improve learner outcomes.
The deputy manager will work under the supervision of the Evaluation Program Manager. She will also be asked to complete research tasks for other projects at InnovEd as needed.
- Assist the project manager in the implementation of all activities
- Participate in the development and implementation of project intervention protocols
- Assist in recruiting, training and supervising the work of field officers
- Conduct literature reviews on issues related to the validity of the research approach, monitoring and evaluation associated with the smooth running of the project
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of the project team (maintenance of important project monitoring and evaluation files, contact with network partners, organization of field trips, etc.).
- Plan training sessions for staff and network partners
- Assist in capacity building workshops of network partners
- Establish and maintain regular contact with stakeholders in the implementation of the project
- Liaise with, support Model School Network (MSN) coordination with other partners in order to adequately carry out project activities.
- Participate in writing research reports, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports
- Perform other assigned tasks, particularly in connection with research in various projects in progress at the Institute
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science in Education or related field
- Dynamic, organized and collaborative
- Good communication skills and an ability to interact with communities in the field of education (principals, teachers, parent parents, and other members of the community)
- At least two years of experience in coordination/management
- A good command of the spoken and written language, English and French is required for this position.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft suite, and software for processing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in coordinating research activities in education (quantitative / qualitative) is considered an asset
- Work experience in developing countries is a major asset
Level of Language Proficiency
French, English, Haitian Creole
Minimum Education Required