The Coordinator of Operations will work closely with the Senior Director of Operations, faculty, and other operational colleagues to ensure that Relay Graduate School of Education (Relay) is providing the highest quality education to teachers in Chicago. Reporting to the Senior Director of Operations, the Coordinator of Operations is a key member of the Chicago regional team and the national Program Operations team. This individual is integral to the day-to-day regional operations of the Chicago campus and will ensure that our program is preparing excellent teachers to serve high-need schools in Chicago. The Coordinator of Operations will support licensure seeking candidates in completing state licensure requirements, prepare materials and set-up for classes, maintain student records, manage and support regional events, manage the regional office, and support special projects as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Operations and faculty to ensure proactive, systematic regional operations
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistics for class sessions and other events, including setting up classrooms, ordering supplies, supporting faculty with photocopies and material prep, building access, and communicating to graduate students and instructors
- Plan, coordinate, and execute logistics for end of the year events like capstone oral defenses and the graduation ceremony
- Maintain a clean, organized, well-stocked office that inspires productivity
- Manage payments and track expenses with outside vendors and internal finance systems
- Manage campus-based enrollment requirements for the campus, including course enrollment and major selection
- Manage the regional email inbox to ensure candidate and graduate students receive accurate and clear responses in a timely fashion
- Support the recruitment/admissions cycle by planning and executing graduate student recruitment communications strategy, reviewing transcripts, and processing applications
- Support the Dean in communicating academic progress to graduate students
- Support the Senior Director of Operations in coordinating state licensure by maintaining accurate and comprehensive licensure candidate files, collecting documentation related to licensure admissions, and responding to licensure candidate inquiries
- Support the Senior Director of Operations in collecting data and submitting multiple annual state regulatory reports
- Work closely with Relay’s Student Services teams, including Enrollment Services, Student Financial Services, Technology, Marketing, AmeriCorps and Curriculum Design to create and implement strong systems and processes and provide integrated program support for graduate students
- Work alongside the Senior Director of Operations and the Chicago faculty to promote a well-rounded student experience and investment in Relay’s student culture
- Help create and maintain a positive organizational environment by following through on promises and directives, including meeting deadlines and communicating progress to others
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
First and foremost, the Coordinator of Operations must share the team’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher and school leader training. Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- BA/BS, Master’s degree preferred
- At least 1 – 2 years of work experience; experience in P-12 settings a plus
- A demonstrated interest in education and/or operations
- Strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources, event planning experience a plus
- Acute attention to detail and a focus on efficiency and systems building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong sense of humor coupled with an ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on occasion, including some evenings and weekends
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
CONSIDERATIONS TO NOTE.
- This opening is contingent on graduate student enrollment numbers.
- We are reaching out to applicants mid-April regarding their application status.
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through our website.