General Description: Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Public Benefits Outreach, the Associate Manager of Benefits Outreach Innovation works to strengthen the Food Depository’s benefits outreach work in Cook County by identifying and piloting new public benefits outreach opportunities and measuring and tracking outcomes.
As part of the Food Depository’s efforts to end hunger, the organization works to connect people with public benefits like SNAP, which empowers families to purchase the groceries they need, and Medicaid, which reduces the need to choose between paying for food or medical bills. As we seek to increase the impact of our public benefits outreach work, the Associate Manager of Benefits Outreach Innovation will remove barriers that impede our ability to connect people to SNAP and Medicaid; explore opportunities to connect people with other public benefits programs such as WIC, LIHEAP, and EITC; and optimize operations to increase efficiency and impact. Key projects include identifying a new application database; developing processes that allow us to better track and measure outcomes of our work; developing and piloting new outreach programs; and reviewing security/privacy processes.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· With the Senior Manager, identify and pilot opportunities to innovate benefits outreach work.
· Review processes and optimize operations to improve the efficiency and impact of our work.
· Develop and maintain a system for measuring impact and evaluating outcomes to support the Senior Manager in refining our public benefits outreach strategy.
· Explore ways to leverage emerging technologies--such as SMS/text-based tools, web-based enrollment platforms, call center technology, and other specialized software--to simplify application process, communication with clients and optimize processes for greater efficiency and impact.
· Research public benefit programs not currently offered by the Food Depository and identify opportunities to expand the Food Depository’s benefits outreach efforts.
· Work with colleagues to improve the way we collect and analyze data to better inform existing and new strategies and strengthen the impact of our public benefits outreach efforts.
· Train staff to use new technology platforms/systems.
· Partner with the Development Team and the Senior Manager of Public Benefits Outreach to develop fundraising proposals which support the expansion of our benefits outreach work.
· Stay informed of SNAP and Medicaid program and procedure changes.
· Support the Senior Manager of Benefits Outreach in all aspects of integrating Benefit Outreach into the overall activities of the Community Impact team, which is responsible for all community outreach activities, program design and policy advocacy.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience designing, implementing, and/or evaluating programs preferred.
· Experience and comfort working with and learning different technology.
· Knowledge of public benefits programs required; familiarity with SNAP and Medicaid policy preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to move complex projects forward and work across teams to achieve project objectives.
· Proficient in MS Office- Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
· Ability to travel to locations throughout Cook County, up to 25% of work time.
· While most benefit outreach activities are being conducted over the phone, the team is conducting some in-person outreach under social distancing guidelines and with PPE.
· Typical office environment with some exposure to warehouse environment.
· Travel within the city of Chicago and suburbs required.
· Interacts with Food Depository staff, donors, vendors, member agencies, community organizations, and general public.
· Some evening and weekend time as workload requires.
General Description: Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Public Benefits Outreach, the Associate Manager of Benefits Outreach Innovation works to strengthen the Food Depository’s benefits outreach work in Cook County by…