121 West 27th Street
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization that works towards a world in which all people enjoy the fullest range of individual and collective human rights; in which resources are shared equitably and sustainably; in which women participate effectively in all aspects of society; and in which people have a meaningful say in decisions that affect their lives.
MADRE seeks a skilled Executive Assistant to support the work of the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a deep commitment to MADRE’s mission, the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks carefully and quickly, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage complex situations with sound judgment and discretion. She/he is responsible for providing executive support and serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executive Director. She/he will also serve as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organize and coordinate events and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects. The ideal individual will have strong written and verbal communication skills, administrative and organizational skills, the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
Assistant to Executive Director
- Coordinate meetings, manage calendar, logistics and execution of teleconference calls
- Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compile documents for travel-related meetings
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: monthly expense reports and credit card reconciliation statements; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging and coordinating events, processing check request & per diems.
- Responsible for answering phones, receiving guests and responding to general inquiries
- Offer technical assistance to Executive Director as needed
Board Support and Liaison
- Provide operational and technical support to ensure smooth running of quarterly meetings including advance distribution of materials
- Serve as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to Board of Directors
- Assist board members as needed
- Support programmatic work, for example, by conducting research, coordinating travel, coordinating humanitarian aid, drafting short staff program reports and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in human rights or a related field and a minimum 2 years or more of relevant professional experience;
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to follow through on commitments and meet strict deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Possess high integrity and maintain confidentiality of information
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with multicultural team members and external partners;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Must have authorization to work in the United States.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Fluency in English is required;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Salary is commensurate with experience. Flexible start date. MADRE is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices based on a person's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, disability and other status, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
Please send a cover letter and resume email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.