650 S. Exeter Street
Recognizing the connection that events and programming play in creating an active and lively Waterfront, Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is seeking an outgoing, dynamic, and energetic Event Manager to engage with Waterfront stakeholders, outside event producers, business professionals, and the general public to plan, produce and promote special events around the Waterfront. In addition, the Event Manager will work with Waterfront stakeholders to support events targeted at engaging Waterfront employees and outside event producers to develop events that will enhance the overall activity at the Waterfront.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing and will collaborate internally with staff members on various projects. Outside the organization, the position coordinates with the general public, event producers, service providers, area retailers, project stakeholders, City representatives, media, and corporate sponsors.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Accountable for the planning, coordination, permitting, and on site management of all annually occurring Waterfront Partnership Consumer Events and programming including, but not limited to Waterfront Wellness, Summer Socials, Harbor Harvest, Yappy Hour, Brews & Views, Harbor Market, Harbor Point Ice Festival and Ice Rink special events/programming
• Assist with the development of new Waterfront Partnership events and programs annually
• Execute the fulfillment of sponsorship contracts for all Waterfront Partnership events, programming, and Ice Rink
• Research outside event producers to bring new events to the Waterfront
• Execute and fulfill event contracts for outside event producers
• Assist in the development and management of event budgets for all Waterfront Partnership events
• Purchase all necessary event supplies in accordance with approved budgets
• Maintain an inventory of all event supplies
• Manage and oversee the Waterfront Partnership Street Performer Program
• Manage and execute rental fulfillment for Jackson’s Wharf and Pier V Wedding Garden
• Assist with the production of event specific marketing materials and literature
• Provide support for marketing events and exhibitions as required
• Write articles, blog posts, social media posts, and promotional material as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, public relations, or a related field
• Minimum three years experience planning and working in events
• Passion for working in Baltimore City and creating events to draw locals to the Waterfront
• Positive, proactive, and solutions-oriented
• Must be well-organized and able to work independently and as part of a multi-faceted partnership team
• Excellent interpersonal skills, strong listening skills, patience, and humor
• Comfortable working in a professional office environment as well as on site at events that take place in all weather conditions
• Ability to lift and move objects weighing approximately 50lbs
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Experience with broadcast media interviews preferred (TV and radio)
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, and Word)
• Clean driving record and reliable transportation
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.
Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore offers excellent benefits, including vacation time, 401(k) plan, health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability, and flextime.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Matt Shaffer at MattS@WaterfrontPartnership.org. Be sure to include “Event Manager” in the email subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore is an equal opportunity employer.