Legal Services Manager
Local Applicants only
Full-Time 40 hours/week), Exempt; Management Compensation: DOE
Location: YWCA Silicon Valley, San Jose, CA 95112 Website: www.ywca-sv.org
Department: Support Services Department
Join a passionate, dynamic team dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all. For over 100 years, YWCA Silicon Valley has provided programs and services that form a critical continuum of response, healing,and prevention. To encourage survivor self-determination, services are delivered through a strengths-based, non-judgmental and trauma-informed lens that aligns with our mission. Be a key part of shaping this future as our new Lega I Services Manager.·
Reporting to the Director of Support Services, the Legal Services Manager oversees all legal services provided to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and human trafficking. As a member of the YWCA Management Team, you will participate in program planning, design, change management, individual leadership development, goal setting,community engagement and problem solving. The Legal Services Manager:
• Leads a team providing direct civil and criminal justice advocacy for survivors within the courts, including the completion of restraining orders, civil harassment orders, immigration applications and the provision of court accompaniment to survivors, ensuring a high level of program quality.
• Ensures effective leadership, management and the delivery of quality service at the Family Justice Center
• Creates and maintains strong,win-win partnership with law enforcement, court systems, the District Attorney's office, policy makers and other community organizations critical to the successful delivery of legal advocacy services.
• Develops systems and reports to monitor the achievement of program goals/deliverables, identifying and implementing course corrections to ensure achievement
• Assists in the development of new initiatives, programs and services to advance the Support Services Department (with special emphasis on systems advocacy, survivor support services and legal services), and to advance the mission, vision, values and strategic plan of the YWCA
The Legal Services Manager is a solutions focused and collaborative leader who builds team cohesion, ensures compliance with YWCA policies and procedures, and is passionate about the mission, vision, and values of the organization. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with supervision experience and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with multiple community partners who can lead a team using strength-based leadership skills. Additionally, an ideal candidate will possess knowledge of sexual assault and domestic violence issues, trauma and client-centered service provision. You must have an understanding of feminism and a str.ong commitment to social justice. Bilingual, bi-cultural and bi-literate skills are highly preferred but not required.
• Candidates should have a Juris Doctor or Master's Degree in a social services field or an equivalent combination of education and experience; a minimum 2-5 years of management experience or 5+ years program experience
• Candidates must have a demonstrated understanding of current legislation and historical basis for current local, state and federal laws around domestic violence, sexual assault, immigration, consent, human trafficking
• Candidates must be competent in using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and have experience in confidential data management, grant management, and record keeping.
Delivery of work outcomes may include additional time beyond 40 hours weekly to accomplish goals/deadlines. On-call duties are required; all managers serve as back-up support for the on-call teams and point of contact for emergencies. Work includes lifting up to 25 pounds.
Required: Cleared background check (fingerprinting), valid TB test, valid California driver's license, 4 -years driving experience, reliable transportation and auto insurance. Must have completed or be willing to complete 65hr-trained California State Sexual Assault Counselor certifications. (Training will be provided).
TO APPLY: Submit Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com with "Legal Services Manager" in subject line. The YWCA Silicon Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minimum Education Required