808 Conagra Drive
Background | The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is a private grantmaking foundation and one of the largest global supporters of sexual reproductive health. We work towards a world in which every woman controls her reproduction and all reproductive decisions are treated with dignity and respect.
Position Description | The primary role of the Program Associate is to support Program Officers on the International Programs team in various aspects of grant management and strategy implementation. The ideal candidate demonstrates a natural inclination to operate with honesty, integrity, respect, and transparency.
Responsibilities | Primary duties and responsibilities for this position will include, but not be limited to:
- Review and develop concise summaries of grant proposals and progress reports
- Develop a detailed understanding of the intended purpose, key objectives, and timeline of specific grants
- Analyze and visualize data to inform grant management and decision-making
- Collect and synthesize information on various topics related to sexual and reproductive health
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with grantees and other external stakeholders
- Provide administrative and logistical support to International Program staff
- Contribute to other International Program team initiatives, efforts, and activities
Qualifications | Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Desire to support sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize large amounts of information in an orderly and efficient manner
- Superior organizational, scheduling, and planning skills to balance multiple activities and projects
- Ability to work independently and solve problems with limited supervision
- Desire to build systems for a growing team
- Excellent written and interpersonal communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is a must
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, adaptability, and eagerness to learn
- International experience (preferred, but not required)
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
- Must be legally able to work in the United States
Benefits and Compensation | The annual salary will be commensurate with experience. The Foundation offers a full and generous benefits package, including medical/dental insurance and a retirement program.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Application Process | Send cover letter and resume or CV to email@example.com with subject line Program Associate. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed. References, writing samples and other information may be requested. This position is open until filled, with anticipated interview dates in November and December 2018. Position finalists will be invited to interview in-person at the Foundation in Omaha.