Requisition ID: req2781
Job Title: Account Manager - Principal Gifts
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
IRC's Global Partnerships and Philanthropy (GPP) department is responsible for the global delivery of the International Rescue Committee's private sector resources (financially contributing circa USD200m per annum, as well as key partnerships and influence that support our mission), and plays an important strategic role in the creation of IRC's brand, awareness and support for its advocacy goals.
The IRC's strategy centers on its ambition to continue to improve the scale and effectiveness of IRC programs worldwide with evidence of what works best to impact people's lives in conflict and fragile settings. GPP comprises colleagues and teams delivering marketing, account management, leadership gifts, board liaison, corporate partnerships, brand stewardship and communications to support this work. These colleagues are primarily located in the USA at present - but IRC plans to significantly expand its global fundraising footprint. Other colleagues within IRC are also deeply engaged with private funding & partners - in particular within Europe, US Resettlement and field programs - and we need to work in close integrated collaboration to ensure best use of resources and highest impact for IRC.
GPP has begun delivering a new radical and ambitious 2020 Private Sector Engagement (PSE) strategy that will enhance IRC's ability to 'punch above its weight' in income, partnership and awareness. At the same time - believing that the root of our success lies in a high performance team and culture - we need to build our internal infrastructure, ensure we build a strong global team, a dynamic culture, a forward thinking ethos, and establish 21st century analytics, reporting, operational and business management practices that will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
The Account Manager, Principal Gifts will play a vital role in supporting the Principal Gifts team to achieve our ambitious fundraising targets. S/he will manage a distinct portfolio of high net worth donors and prospectsand will act in very close collaboration with officers and leadership to track progress on and execute strategy for some of our most important donor relationships.
- Collaborate with Officers to execute on strategies for high-net-worth individual donors and prospects, bringing in critical revenue for the organization;
- Provide communications that support the Officer's interactions with portfolio donors or prospects, including general and targeted communications, concept notes, proposals, presentations and reports, from drafts through to final line-editing and formatting of finalized material;
- Ensure rigorous use of databases and approval processes for restricted grants, managing all tracking, data and record keeping;
- Manage information flows between donors and prospects, program staff and Principal Gifts Officers;
- Liaise with field, finance and operations staff to manage and track the entire grant cycle for principal gifts, including interfacing with the CRM system to monitor interim and end-of-grant reports, ongoing communication and information management;
- Contribute to the preparation and briefings for external prospect and donor meetings, and for internal strategy meetings;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with Revenue colleagues, IRC program and support staff globally, and
- Undertake special projects as directed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Associate Director, Principal Gifts
Position directly supervises:N/A
Indirect Reporting: Assigned Officer
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal:Leadership Gifts, IPP and GPP colleagues, President's Office, Comms
External: IRC major donors and prospects
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Work Experience: 2-3 Years previous work experience gained in a development/fundraising office, donor office, or sales team
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional written communications skills and solid verbal presentation skills;
- Highly developed project management skills with the ability to work on own initiative, accurately to tight deadlines, and to prioritize between conflicting demands;
- Ability to respond quickly to changes in short-term work priorities;
- Ability to collaborate across teams internally, regardless of distance, and garner support for and execute initiatives effectively;
- Sophisticated understanding of the role of written communications in building and maintaining complex individual and institutional relationships;
- Ability to identify, create, and execute processes necessary to support effective donor relationships;
- Highly computer literate, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as familiarity with CRM databases, including Salesforce;
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data;
- Commitment to fundraising for international development, humanitarian, human rights, social justice and US immigrant communities;
Working Environment:This role requires working remotely part-time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.
Minimum Education Required