Position Title: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Location: NEW YORK CITY (Currently works remotely)
Reports to: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Company: COMMON DENOMINATOR (formerly known as Top Honors Inc.)
Are you a visionary educator with a proven track record of success in program growth and development, team building, coupled with a commitment to bridging the middle school math divide in New York City?
Common Denominator formerly Top Honors Inc., a nonprofit organization founded in 2002 stands mission-driven to bridging the math literacy divide for in-need New York City middle schoolers, by providing free individualized math tutoring and mentorship. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, C/D seamlessly pivoted from a brick-and-mortar program to a virtual online learning platform that continued to provide students with the stability to learn, play, express their feelings and thrive. Our vision is to become the premier organization addressing math literacy in New York City.
The Director of Programs oversees the development, implementation, and strategic growth of Common Denominator programming to youth in underserved and at-risk environments in New York City. The Director of Programs leads the vision of C/D’s math curriculum. Plans and maintains the program calendar and oversees all pre-program logistics. Develops and evaluates program curriculum in order to ensure that standards and guidelines are adhered to, and that sessions are of exemplary quality. Provides significant contributions to program partnership development, corporate relations, and program compliance for grant reporting purposes. Position reports to the Executive Director.
Program and Curriculum Development
- Established track record of accomplishing core mission and strategic goals of an organization by constructing and aligning tactics.
- Proven ability to identify the need and devise strategic initiatives to reach and develop individuals living in underserved communities.
- Demonstrated success ideating and creating new curriculum, processes for implementation and measurement and evaluation for program implementation.
- Successful design and implementation of youth development programs and initiatives.
- Ensures a high level of execution and efficacy of existing curriculum and teaching strategies and tactics, while preparing for future program implementation.
- Serves on the Program Committee and coordinates the activities on the Education Advisory Council.
- Maintains and upgrades the research database that is used to track student progress.
- Manages and troubleshoots all program updates on Salesforce and FormTitan.
- Responsible for reviewing program analytics, assessments, and evaluation to ensure incremental and cumulative goal achievement.
- Actively pursues opportunities to continue to learn best practices through research, professional development, and other learning opportunities.
Team Management and Development
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, and performance.
- Foster an environment in which proactive thinking and creativity are encouraged and rewarded.
- Demonstrated results in managing through complex systems and experience negotiating win-win agreements.
- Identify skill sets and competencies needed to achieve programmatic and organizational goals.
- Develops and implements a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff on an ongoing basis.
- Recruit, hire, and oversee training and orientation of all staff members.
- Day-to-day administrative functions.
- Performs high-level support for the Executive Director.
- Directly supervises the Assistant Program Director and Assistant Training and Development Director.
- Organizes and oversees fundraising events and corporate engagement activities.
- Amplify our message through corporate and community outreach.
- Cultivates meaningful relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Serve as technical support for all software, supporting program infrastructure.
- Composes and/or prepares correspondence, memoranda, forms, newsletters, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools, as needed.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with team building experience to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Executive Director, and work collaboratively with a high-performance team.
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred. Proven experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a reporting tool and experience working with information technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, and constructive team.
- Preferred experience using Salesforce, FormTitan, and Squarespace.
- Must be Zoom meeting, Google Meet proficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details.
- The ideal candidate is agile, entrepreneurial, and a team player who seeks to advance C/D’s mission, goals, and objectives.