The Grants and Development Manager manages grants and development functions which include: seeking and securing commercial support and grant funding for existing programs and new educational initiatives; liaises with the strategic alliances team in securing and retaining external funding support for the annual meeting from corporate and industry partners; ensuring the proper management and administration of existing grants and support agreements, and reports/reconciliations; ensuring timely and proper cultivation, acknowledgement, and stewardship of commercial and institutional supporters. Supports the development, implementation, and maintenance of operational systems, budget reconciliation and tracking, policies, and procedures for the education department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSITILITIES:
• Support the CEO's efforts in coordinating grant proposals and support requests, including planning, writing, document gathering, internal and external communications, and final submissions.
• In cases where external contractor services are used to assist in proposal development, the Manager will identify, procure, and manage these services.
• Ensures all grant applications are responsive to the solicitation or requirements and that both the content and format are compliant with the funders' requirements; ensure that the correct forms are utilized for all necessary attachments.
• Collaborate across teams including education, finance, marketing, IT, publications, and relevant program staff to help prepare project level budgets and justifications for grant requests.
• Follow-up on submitted applications and proposals, as well as with potential funders.
• Coordinates timelines for planning educational activities, with milestone reports/reconciliations including financial reports. Facilitates internal and external communications with departments, staff, and committee chairs regarding timelines.
• Ensures that grant-funded programs are responsive to the overall mission and educational strategy .
• Oversees the grant tracking process in the Association Management System and contract/letters of agreement tracking with legal counsel.
• Supports and provides material that demonstrate compliance with policies. Assists with updating policies, procedures, and forms for documentation of continuing education activities.
• Oversees internship program.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required. 5+ years’ experience developing and delivering education programs in a professional learning environment.
• Minimum 3 years managerial experience over a small function/area.
• Demonstrated experience with using Association Management Systems, Learning Management Systems, and grant portal systems.
• Ability to deliver on-time and within budget approved projects within established parameters using own judgment and related work experience in executing responsibilities.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and to plan effectively to avoid problems.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills, affinity for networking and demonstrated high level of confidence and poise with a strong service orientation.
• Demonstrate personal integrity in interactions with staff, vendors, and with members.
CERTIFCATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
This is a full-time 40 hours per week position. The employee work 8 hours per day on an adjusted schedule from a start of 7:00 am to a finish of 6:00 pm
Staff are required to work in-office three days each week, two days remotely. Staff that are fully vaccinated are not required to wear mask. Unvaccinated staff are required to wear mask and practice social distance while in the public spaces of the office building.
The physical requirements of the position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel for this position is minimal.
The Grants and Development Manager manages grants and development functions which include: seeking and securing commercial support and grant funding for existing programs and new educational initiatives; liaises…