Details: The salary for this position ranges from $45,000 to $60,000 per year. The level of hire, whether Coordinator or Manager, and salary will depend on qualifications and experience.
820 First Street NE
Technology Solutions Coordinator/Manager
The Equal Rights Center (ERC) is a civil rights organization that identifies and seeks to eliminate unlawful and unfair discrimination in housing, employment, and public accommodations in its home community of Greater Washington, D.C. and nationwide. The ERC’s core strategy for identifying unlawful and unfair discrimination is civil rights testing. When the ERC identifies discrimination, it seeks to eliminate it through the use of testing data to educate the public and business community, support policy advocacy, conduct compliance testing and training, and, if necessary, take enforcement action.
The ERC is looking to hire a Technology Solutions Coordinator or Manager. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and will work across teams on a variety of special projects and ongoing tasks.
- Maintain, manage and update ERC technology, including, but not limited to configuration of workstations, laptops, print management, telephone, audio/visual support, software/application support, databases, website, apps, and other systems.
- Ensure the security of ERC technology and networks.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day issues with ERC technology infrastructure.
- Handle the installation, rollout and/or upgrade of new software, hardware, systems, servers, and networks.
- Perform administrative functions for the systems in the assigned application portfolio, including monitoring and analyzing trends, identifying & removing operational roadblocks, and performing needed updates and backups.
- Help design, develop, and provide project management for new technology projects, including new apps and websites.
- Provide project management for existing technology projects.
- Serve as a resource for ERC management on various technology issues.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Examples of Special Projects include:
- Migrate a physical server to the cloud.
- Develop and design a new database and tech functionality for remote civil rights testers.
- Manage the back end, administer, and troubleshoot for ERC apps under development including updates and backups.
- At least 1 year of hands on experience supporting Windows 7 and 10 Operating Systems, installing, and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a similar field of study is preferred. Equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience and skill developing and/or upgrading CRM databases (specifically Office 365 CRM or Salesforce);
- Experience and skill working with WordPress websites;
- Experience and skill in using all Microsoft Office platforms;
- Experience and skill in website and web app development;
- Experience and skill in server to cloud migration;
- Experience and skill with Help Desk/Desktop Support;
- A tech enthusiast with a desire to advance civil rights;
- Demonstrable organizational, project, and time-management skills & written and verbal communications skills;
- A willingness and aptitude for learning new technology and working with data.
The ERC offers a generous benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, paid leave, retirement plan, and other competitive benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org : (1) a cover letter describing your interest in our work, (2) your resume, and (3) a relevant example of your work that includes written content in hard copy and/or online.
E-mail Subject Line: Technology Solutions Coordinator/Manager.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.