Visitor Services Associate Full-Time/ Visitor Services Associate Part-Time
- Job posted by The Center for Jewish History
15 West 16th Street
The Center for Jewish History (CJH) is one of the world’s great repositories and research institutions devoted to the exploration of Jewish history and heritage. It is home to five distinguished Partner organizations: American Jewish Historical Society, American Sephardi Federation, Leo Baeck Institute, Yeshiva University Museum and YIVO Institute for Jewish Research. The Center serves multiple audiences: professional scholars, amateur researchers, and a broad public audience.
Under the supervision of the Coordinator for Visitor Services, the Visitor Services Associate will assist in providing quality customer services to CJH visitors.
• Assist in the daily operations of the front desk with a focus on customer service.
• Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of Partner exhibitions, programs, and other services available at CJH.
• Work with security personnel to maintain the orderly and safe flow of visitors.
• Staff the front desk at events, including weekends and evenings.
• Answer main phone line and direct calls appropriately.
• Assist with general administrative and clerical work, including filing, photocopying, and mailing.
• Work the CJH box office and coat room during events.
Attributes & Qualifications:
· Previous visitor services or admissions experience at a museum, attraction, front- of-house theater/arts/performing arts, or working with the public is preferred.
· Strong verbal and writing abilities.
· An interest in working with the public with the ability to interact professionally with local and international visitors, members, VIPs and other Center staff.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly, flexible to handle shifting demands.
· Comfortable taking initiative and working with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of and experience with MS Office applications preferred.
The Center for Jewish History is committed to diversity and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.
The Center for Jewish History is hiring (1) part-time and (1) full-time position.
The full-time position is 30-40 hours a week. It includes sick leave, vacation, health, and dental benefits. Typically, the schedule is Sunday through Thursday. Sunday (start and end time is event-dependent), and Monday through Thursday, 2:30pm until closing. On non-event days during the week, the schedule will begin at 12pm. Flexibility with scheduling is required.
The part-time position is 6-15 hours a week and will be scheduled “as needed” for events. The position schedule can include Sundays (start and end time is event-dependent) and weekday evenings until the end of the event. Flexibility with scheduling is required.
Minimum Education Required