Logistics Officer, Purchasing Administration and Systems
- Job posted by Canadian Red Cross - International Operations
400 Cooper Street
POSITION: Logistics Officer, Purchasing Administration and Systems
DURATION: Permanent, Full Time
LOCATION: Ottawa, ON –Office based
Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Logistics Officer, Purchasing Administration and Systems.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, International Logistics Operations, SCM, the Logistics Officer, Purchasing, Administration and Systems will be responsible for the procurement of commodities and/or services on a competitive basis and to provide daily, tactical management of suppliers, and ensuring on time deliveries of quality products and/or services, framed by IO Strategy 2020 (S2020) to deliver in the Last Mile. This role will be the focal point for centralizing supply chain related AX and CRC+ feedback from International Operations, liaising with Finance to solve operations related challenges and participate in business optimization activities within the SCM department. The Logistics Officer, Purchasing, Administration and Systems is a key role within the IO Logistics Operations team, developing and delivering training, ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and actively engaging in monitoring and reporting.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca/
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ORGANIZATION
- Business College Degree is preferred
- Two years of related work experience in supply chain or procurement
- Courses in purchasing/procurement, resource planning and control, supply chain management and logistics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth understanding and knowledge of CRC’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system (Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Good knowledge of end-to-end supply chain processes and best practices, health and safety regulations, customer service
- Understanding of financial processes and budgeting
- Understanding of the global organization
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Good judgment and decision making
- Ability to work non-core hours or unusual hours on short notice
- Strong and effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English, other language abilities an asset
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
- The majority of the work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment.
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment.
- May be required to some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight).
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice.
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
- This position may require domestic or overseas travel to attend conferences, workshops and meetings as required.
- Must be able to be Medical Cleared for travel in accordance with established CRC Medical criteria in positions where travel will be required.
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check.
WHAT WE OFFER
Various learning and networking opportunities worldwide
Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
Registered Retirement Pension Plan (RPP)
Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
Gym and shower facilities
Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation
Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity, and allows telecommuting.
HOW TO APPLY
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to diversity and inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome applications from all applicants particularly Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who may contribute to diversification and share our values.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.
Minimum Education Required