Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events (UNC-Chapel Hill)
- Job posted by General Alumni Association (UNC)
PO Box 660; Chapel Hill, NC 27514
The Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events works to help alumni and friends develop a lifelong relationship with the UNC General Alumni Association (GAA) and the University. In partnership with the other Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events, this position shares the primary responsibility for managing two of the GAA’s largest reunion events (Homecoming and Spring Reunions), class milestones, affinity reunions and other special events such as the Tar Heel Network Legislative Reception. This position, under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Enrichment Programs, will also partner with other programs team members to support, plan and execute additional events and initiatives of the General Alumni Association’s programs team.
- In partnership with the other Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events, build a strategic plan to enhance the Homecoming experience and increase alumni participation
- Coordinate Homecoming staffing requests and responsibilities
- Work to develop a Homecoming network of volunteers aimed at the creation of an adjunct alumni Homecoming volunteer planning committee
- Partner with campus constituents to foster an increased University-wide Homecoming experience
- In partnership with the other Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events, plan and execute the GAA’s annual Spring Reunions Weekend each May (held in conjunction with Commencement weekend). This weekend includes several class reunions and additional components such as campus tours, enrichment sessions, awards luncheon and social events. This also includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating, supporting and mobilizing reunion committee volunteers
- Securing appropriate venues, vendors and seamless logistics for various weekend logistics
- Researching, coordinating and supporting the production and distribution of the 50th reunion yearbook, the revised Yackety Yack
- Partnering to ensure event “feel” aligns with vision and audience of key stakeholders
- Managing event registrations using various software
- Sending post-reunion surveys, photos, volunteer gifts, etc.
- In partnership with the other Coordinator of Alumni Reunions and Special Events, revitalize, strengthen and innovate class milestone celebrations, typically planned to coincide with Homecoming weekend each fall. These celebrations would target alumni who graduated five, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years prior
- Contact other milestone years to determine interest in celebrations and support these efforts
- Facilitate affinity reunions assigned by Assistant Director of Enrichment Programs in concert with current guiding principles (i.e. event logistics, marketing and volunteer management)
- Lead tasks supporting growth and development of affinity reunions.
- Actively recruit and/or facilitate an average of 10 -15 affinity reunions per year
- Encourage the growth of Homecoming activities by providing ideal opportunities for affinity reunions
- In consultation with Director of Enrichment Programs, GAA President and President’s executive assistant, plan and execute annual Legislative Reception for UNC’s Chancellor, NC General Assembly, campus leaders, other state officials and UNC distinguished guests and alumni
- Represent the GAA as requested at GAA events including support of local outreach efforts with the programs team or other events.
For additional information and for information on how to apply, please visit:https://alumni.unc.edu/about-the-gaa/employment/
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.