4671 Tanglewood Drive
Community Forklift is seeking an experienced Antique/Vintage Pricing Associate to work–mostly weekends–with our growing green business. This is a part-time position. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Qualities of the perfect candidate
- Three years+ of experience researching, merchandizing and selling antique and vintage items, especially furniture, architectural salvage, and lighting; prior antique/vintage online sales experience a plus
- Retail sales experience, hardware or home improvement store a plus
- Strong math and English skills
- Strong computer research skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent organizational and practical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a cooperative team-based work environment
- Ability to follow through on work assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to follow store policy and procedures
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities gracefully and maintain focus in a constantly changing environment
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for recycling, reuse, sustainability, environmental advocacy and green business
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly the ability to work with a very diverse constituency of customers
- Expressed commitment to the Community Forklift mission
- Ability to work weekends regularly
- Capacity to perform physical labor and moderate lifting (up to 20 lbs.) in a non-climate controlled environment, including the ability to work in all seasons and in difficult weather conditions
About the Position
The Vintage Pricing Associate is primarily responsible for assisting with the intake, processing, pricing and display of vintage and specialty products for Community Forklift. This may include custom or high-end building materials, architectural elements, antique or vintage house parts, housewares, and other unique products and furniture. The primary function of the VPA is to follow store policy and procedures on pricing. The VPA works with the Vintage and Specialty Products Coordinator to ensure that donated materials are priced according to store policy in a timely manner through research, discussion and consultation with other staff as directed. The VPA assists with processing and merchandizing said materials. The VPA also works with customers, as requested, to provide information about materials, products, sales and other inquiries.
REQUIRED: 16 – 20 hours per week primarily on weekends
Other Duties Include
Providing friendly customer service, support for events, information and support to the Sales and Receiving and Processing team as well as the larger CF team.
About Community Forklift
Community Forklift is a nonprofit reuse center for home improvement and architectural salvage. The store accepts donations of new, gently-used and vintage building materials; these donated renovation supplies are then made available to the public at low prices and donated to local nonprofits. Community Forklift is located outside Northeast DC, near the Hyattsville Arts District.
- Great team and mission-focused environment
- Employer subsidized health insurance (70%), dental insurance (50%) and vision coverage (100%) with dental plan (for eligible employees)
- Free short-term disability insurance (for eligible employees)
- Paid leave (after 90 day probation period for eligible employees)
- Work shoe allowance
- 50% employee discount on Community Forklift store materials (excluding consignment products)
- Excellent opportunity for advancement
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume, cover letter and three (3) recent professional references: by email to email@example.com.