1710 East Indian School Road
Mi Familia Vota (501c4)/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (501c3) are national non-profit organizations working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. We do this by expanding the electorate through direct, sustainable citizenship, voter registration, GOTV and issue organizing in key states; forming and supporting key alliances at national, state and local levels to increase civic engagement; providing technical assistance and support to other organizations; and increasing public support for full civic participation in Latino and immigrant communities.
The Director of Finance is responsible for directing and managing administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the organization, including the organization’s accounting, HR, Payroll, Grant/funding reporting, facilities creating organizational and program budgets, creating and implementing organizations policies and procedures.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage financial systems, processes, and policies that support organization’s mission, ensuring proper financial reporting, information flow and management, organizational process and planning.
- Responsible for overall financial processing, management, planning, systems and control, including budget preparation and management of organizational budgets.
- Direct all financial and HR responsibilities, supervising a current team of 3 local team members.
- Assist and coordinate with State Directors in the preparation of individual program budgets.
- Work with outside auditors and lawyers to ensure proper reporting to regulatory agencies.
- Play a significant role in the long-term Financial Planning &Analysis of organization.
- Create, implement and manage HR policies, once approved by the Board of Directors and oversee overall HR functions of the organization.
- Manages procurement processes and act as liaison with vendors, including oversight of consultant contracts.
- As a member of the senior leadership of the organization, participate and support strategic planning.
- Provides support and financial information for fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA and/or MBA preferred, but not required.
- At least 12+ years of experience in Financial Management, preferably in the non- profit, or NGO sector.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, and Quick Books. Ability to learn other accounting software quickly.
- Strong forecasting and budget development/oversight experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is required
- Must reside in Phoenix area. No relocation provided.
- Able to work weekends and long hours when necessary.
- At least 8+ years of experience directing, and mentoring staff required.
- Proven record of success in setting and achieving goals in supervisory or director role (at least 8 years)
- Excellent organization and communication (written and oral) skills in both English and Spanish, as well as cultural competence and the ability to communicate effectively with people representing diverse interests, styles and backgrounds.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff and major projects or initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Excels at operating in a fast pace environment with local and remote staff.
- Open to direction and collaborative work style, as well as a deadline oriented work ethic.
- Demonstrated experience building, nurturing, and maintaining diverse and effective alliances and collaborations.
- Ability to be flexible and understanding with a constantly changing work environment and priorities.
- Ability to navigate high stress situations with consummate professionalism and grace under pressure
Excellent benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English / Spanish) is required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a copy of your resume, cover letter and a list of 3 work references to email@example.com
Email-subject line should read “MFV Director of Finance” or it may be overlooked. No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.