In the past 100 years, we have gone from the Model T to the Tesla, from the switchboard to the smartphone, yet the very institution charged with preparing America’s students for success has remained virtually unchanged. Our students deserve better. It’s from that conviction – and commitment – behind XQ Super Schools. At XQ our mission is to fuel, inspire and influence America’s collective creativity to transform our public high schools so every student can succeed.
In 2015, we asked a question: “What would high school look like if all students graduated prepared to succeed in college, career and life?” We issued the largest open call to reimagine American public high school in our country’s history. Nearly 10,000 people from communities across the US responded and became school designers and school builders devoted to questioning the status quo and imagining the possibilities. We awarded over $100 MILLION to 18 Super Schools to bring their ideas to life. XQ isn’t just about ideas, it’s about enduring impact; about inspiring and amplifying meaningful, measurable solutions, and real results, in high schools from Connecticut to California, and every state in-between. Imagine if: Students are at the center of their learning. Technology is a facilitator to understanding.
Time and space are resources, not constraints. Learning is expansive, deep, motivating. Teachers are guides and coaches who light the way. That is high school transformation.
To meet its ambitious goals, XQ Super Schools is looking for a School Support Team Program Assistant (“Assistant”).
The mission for the Assistant is to support the School Support Chief School Support Officer by facilitating and coordinating the relationship between XQ Institute and the XQ Super School Cohort. You will be responsible for maintaining positive and timely communications; facilitating resource delivery and completion of requests; and information record-keeping. All of this is to coordinate support to the schools and informed insights to XQ that help define our engagement strategies. XQ is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, highly organized and detail-oriented individual.
You and the School Support Team will have a direct and immediate impact on the success of the XQ Super School Cohort and Awardees by leading administrative support and overall coordination; contributing ideas and building authentic relationships; as well as, working cross-functionally with the entire organization.
· Super School Relationship-Building & Case Management
o Support the School Support Team’s authentic efforts in building supportive working relationships with all Super Schools by being timely, responsive, and solutions-oriented.
o Manage the coordination of site visits, in-person, and virtual meetings with 18 Super Schools, including capturing best practices.
o Help develop and modify tools, surveys and information systems and processes to enable School Support Team to capture and maintain the most accurate information as well as an historical log on all 18 schools.
o Coordinate and support the deliverables and next steps for requests made by the XQ Schools and XQ, by gathering and distributing information, responding rapidly to inquiries, researching and organizing information, and drafting summative reports/memos.
o Facilitate cross site communication using multiple forms of communication venues, particularly the Knowledge Exchange Platform – Workplace.
· XQ Institute Cross-Collaboration:
o Collaborate and partner with the other key teams at XQ, including Communications, Student Voice, Campaign, Operations and Finance to serve the needs of XQ Super Schools and other awardees and the organization.
o Organize and connect School Support’s work to larger organizational goals and work streams, keeping an organized calendar and big-picture understanding of the work that needs to get done, as well as being in the details to get it done right.
· School Support Administrator Operations:
o Coordinate visits and meetings for multiple parties, including XQ Staff, Consultants, Super Schools, and Vendors/Partners. Adapt and develop communication flow and systems for the various work streams that Super School Teams have with XQ.
o Lead the coordination and processes for finalizing logistics, materials, and follow-up to execute purposeful and efficient meetings, in-person and virtual, for all parties mentioned above as well as potential partners to track deliverables, next steps, resources, and more.
o Support the development of and lead the coordination of special events and gatherings of 30+ people, including registering, travel and lodging logistics, professional session development, and more.
· School Support Projects as needed:
o Support multiple projects led by the School Support Deputy Director and the Chief School Support Officer such as:
§ Ongoing professional learning community for the Super Schools Cohort to help them learn from one another and others with the School Support Deputy Director
§ Development and assessment of schools’ progress implementing their design in concert with the Chief School Support Officer.
§ Participate in the creation of tools and meetings designed to support school implementation, including but not limited to the Ecosystem of Technical Assistance Organizations, Professional Development venues and exemplary schools.
· Experience: 1-3 years of experience in education and/or hands-on experience leading and/or assisting in client management, developing and maintaining processes and tools that enable a team to accomplish deliverables.
· Education Perspective: Has worked in a school and/or school district setting and understands the complexities of how schools function.
· Tool Development/Creation: capacity and interest to develop tools and/or work with consultants to develop tools to support the success of the XQ Schools
· Cross-Functional Vision: values and prioritizes working amongst a diverse team that collaborates across projects and needs to ensure the best product/decisions/strategies for XQ’s constituents, partners, Super Schools, and more, including keeping the high-level view of impact that takes time to produce.
Key Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with school leaders/clients, consultants and organizational employees.
· Strong customer service and relationship building skills
· Proven ability to collaborate with a small and diverse team
· Thrives in a fast paced, high intensity environment
· Flexible and willing to perform other tasks as assigned
· Self-starter, who enjoys working independently
· Meticulously organized and detailed
· Project management experience
· A pattern of executing against goals on time and to high standards
· Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with and develop relationships with a wide range of individuals
· Ability to adapt to challenges and opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective
· Commitment and ability to understand and articulate the mission, programs and activities of XQ Institute
· Ability to travel ~40% of the time.
· XQ Institute offers competitive benefits and salary for this role.
XQ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. At XQ promoting, celebrating, and supporting diversity is a core value. Individuals are considered without regards to race, gender, age, sexual orientation, sexual expression, religion, color, veteran status, disability, marital status, or ancestry.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Please apply online.