5400 North St. Louis Avenue
WTTW (Chicago PBS) is seeking a Director, On-Air Fundraising to coordinate the planning, production and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns, including pledge fundraising spots and any pledge-related programming; the retail and inventory initiative; member and corporate special events and other marketing projects as determined.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans, produces and executes WTTW’s On-Air Pledge drives with goals of driving broadcast income and increasing response rate and overall member base.
· Determines overall objectives and strategies for Pledge, including but not limited to the following:
*Involvement in programming decisions, scheduling of drive times and related activities (includes pre-tapes, premium shoots and roll-in/spot productions).
*Development of marketing strategies, financial goals and premium strategies.
*Scheduling staff and arranging special guest appearances.
· Determines Pledge budgets and participates in management of budget plan.
· Development of original programs and promotions, expanding reach to a more diverse audience and generating fundraising revenue.
· Coordinates the development of overall promotional plans including special on-air spots and Internet promotions.
· Schedules/trains pledge talent, producers, directors, other crew members and production volunteers.
· Plans and executes Member and Corporate events related to on-air pledge programming that increase member base and cultivate current constituency while simultaneously enhancing program experience.
· Oversees the research of promotional items for giveaways, contests and high-end premiums including managing WWCI’s relationship with all outside promotional incentive partners. Works with Marketing Assistant to determine premium needs for on-air fundraising activities.
· Provides back-end analysis of all aspects of each Pledge effort and leverages those findings in future efforts.
· Produces on-air fundraising breaks for national use and distribution.
· Manages relationship with Fulfillment House.
· Works closely with membership team to develop coordinated messages during televised fund drives.
· Excellent computer skills
· Working knowledge of line-production and state of the art production
· Organized, detail oriented and analytically minded
· Excellent communication skills
· Staff management skills
· Time Management with the ability to handle multiple tasks
EXPERIENCE: Candidate must have 4+ years of marketing or television production experience. Pledge production/marketing experience preferred.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website.