1777 F Street Northwest
District of Columbia
CFR.org is the Council on Foreign Relations’s award-winning web site that is a leading source of content, analysis, and foreign policy options. It publishes a mix of resources, including interactive InfoGuides, Daily News briefs, and backgrounders. CFR.org collaborates closely with CFR’s think tank staff on its content, and features insights from CFR Fellows in a number of ways, including web briefs, op-eds, and various multimedia.
The Writer/Editor will work under the direction of the site’s Managing Editor, Deputy Managing Editor, and Deputy Editor and will work closely with the CFR.org team as well as the think tank staff.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Serve as CFR.org’s main staff writer/editor on global economic developments and policy, including trade, energy security, and global finance. The staff writer will be expected to research, report, and write backgrounders on a regular basis
- Serve as the website’s principal liason with CFR’s Center for Geoeconomic Studies, including discussing and coordinating web site coverage with the Center’s staff on a regular basis
- Produce and publish home page packages related to coverage beat, including photo cropping and selecting related links
- Minimum 3-4 years experience writing for a daily news publication, preferably online; experience writing on economic topics, especially trade and fiscal policy, strongly preferred
- Ability to write and process information under deadlines
- Graduate degree in global economics or related field with high academic achievement
- Strong researching, writing, reporting, editing, proofreading, and social media skills
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, CMS, and web publishing tools
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
Minimum Education Required