It’s hard to believe that today 844 million people do not have clean water and 2.3 billion do not have a decent toilet – around one in three of the world’s population. Every two minutes a child under five dies from diarrheal diseases caused by poor water and sanitation.
WaterAid is looking for a Business Development Manager to play a vital role in our mission to make clean water, decent toilets and good hygiene normal for everyone, everywhere by 2030.
Working within WaterAid Nepal, the Business Development Manager will:
- Build on the existing business relations and expand these to strengthen current resourcing pipeline
- Establish the vision of business development of WaterAid Nepal in line with its funding plan.
- Liaise with national and international funding agencies (institutional and other high value donors) independently and through organisational channels to ensure building robust and sustainable business relationships; leading to generate long term resources to deliver on WaterAid Nepal’s strategic objectives and program plans
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
- Masters degree in related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
- Proven ability to identify new business opportunities and create successful partnerships
- Broad knowledge of a range of bilateral and multilateral institutional donors and CSR of corporate bodies
- Experience of consortia partnership
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement resource mobilisation strategies
- Strong networking, representational, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with the WaterAid Federation and global country programmes
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please use this link. Deadline: 14th november 2018.
Visit our global WaterAid website to see the full job description of the role: https://www.wateraid.org/jobs-and-volunteering
Please note: to apply for this role you must be able to demonstrate your eligibility to work in Nepal.
We’re looking for people who share a commitment to our vision. We’re looking for people with an appreciation and respect for different people and ideas, and the energy and expertise to help tackle the most important challenges.
In return, you can expect to get inspiration from the change you help make happen, a sense of belonging and the feeling of being part of a global community. You will also experience stimulation and fulfilment, the chance to grow, and space to be yourself at your best. This is our pledge to you.
We started because no NGO like us existed. We’ll end when no organisation like us is needed. In the meantime, we’re making great progress – since 1981, we have reached 25 million people with clean water and, since 2004, 24 million people with sanitation.
Minimum Education Required