11 3rd Street
COMMUNICATIONS & DESIGN SPECIALIST
HOOD RIVER, OREGON – PART-TIME
Farmers Conservation Alliance is a 501(c)3 organization that operates at the intersection of water and energy. The Communications & Design Specialist will work with the Communications Director to deliver content and implement programs that will help to raise awareness about FCA’s work in modernizing irrigation infrastructure.
WHEN YOU WORK FOR US, HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL FIND
Our staff of 20 engineers, scientists, writers, public policy experts, and strategy consultants believe that everyone can win – farmers, rivers, and communities. We formed 13 years ago to successfully bring an innovative fish screen technology to market, helping to keep fish in rivers and out of irrigation ditches. Since that time, our work has expanded to help farmers modernize all aspects of their water delivery systems. Staff work with farmers, agencies, and organizations to design, finance, and implement large-scale solutions and technologies that improve water supplies, reduce operation and maintenance costs, and generate fish-friendly hydropower.
Our headquarters in Hood River, Oregon, inspires staff in both their professional and personal lives. Hood River’s abundant apple, pear, and cherry orchards and salmon-bearing streams provide daily context for our work. The Columbia River Gorge and nearby Mt. Hood provide endless opportunities for hiking, paddling, cycling, skiing, and kiteboarding. Hood River’s 1-hour commute to Portland lets staff live in a small, family-friendly town while also having easy access to all of the amenities that the city has to offer.
SO THAT’S US. NOW ABOUT THE WORK
As a Design and Communications Specialist for Farmers Conservation Alliance, you’ll work hand in hand with our Communications Director to deliver content in a variety of areas. This will vary from design work on existing documents to new content creation for our website and social media channels. Any given day may include:
· Using approved templates to create branded content ranging from website copy and PDF collateral to infographics and case studies
· Assisting our Technical Team to create and distribute technical documents for both internal and external audiences
· Contributing to the execution of a larger communications strategy as we look to expand our work
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD, AMONG OTHER ASSETS
· Have 2-3 years of experience in a supporting role with an agency, marketing or communications firm, or a combination of comparable coursework and experience in a previous agency-based internship
· Are comfortable navigating the many programs within Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Spark; After Effects and Premiere would merit bonus points)
· Know what “Good” looks like in terms of effective content in different communications contexts – and can identify how and when to change course before it goes “Bad”
· Can articulate your ideas in writing and in meetings
· Avidly follow social media and design trends, as well as current events
· Are a collaborative team player who takes (and gives) feedback constructively
· Self-motivated, highly organized, and personable. Actually, you’re most likely pretty amazing
INTERESTED? SOME FINE PRINT ABOUT JOINING OUR TEAM
Staff join us for our mission and our location, and they stay because we work together to meet our shared goals. We provide a competitive salary and believe that happy staff deliver the best outcomes. As such, we provide flexibility for staff to spend time doing what they love. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is based on qualifications, merit, and business need; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Communications & Design Specialist” as the subject of the email. Please do not contact FCA directly about this opportunity.
Applications should be addressed to:
Julie Davies O’Shea, Executive Director
Farmers Conservation Alliance
11 3rd St, Suite 101
Hood River, OR 97031
Position is open until filled.