Details: salary based on experience
4001 N. Ravenswood
Mishkan is an independent, post-denominational spiritual community that meets for inspired musical prayer, learning and holidays in synagogues, homes, event venues and other religiously unconventional spaces all around the city bringing spirit, song and celebration to places without a Jewish institutional presence. Founded just over six years ago, our work now touches the lives of thousands of people in Chicagoland and nationally.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is an integral part of the Mishkan staff in the Chicago office, coordinating and developing Mishkan’s marketing, communications and brand strategies and creating original content. Reporting to the Managing Director, the position works closely with the Rabbi and Founder to articulate Mishkan’s brand and voice as well as the Vision Director of Mensch Academy and Mishkan’s Director of Community Engagement and Wellness to strategize programmatic marketing.
Marketing/Communications Strategy Development and Execution
- Creates annual marketing calendar utilizing advertising, brand management and design to form a cohesive marketing/communications campaign.
- Creates tailored marketing plans for large-scale events & programs ensuring that email, print and social media are working together in harmony to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensures that the Mishkan brand and voice consistently articulate the organization’s mission and vision through its messaging and collateral.
- Ensures that strategic messages are communicated effectively across platforms to target audiences.
- Manages relationships with graphic designers and graphic design calendar.
- Manages relationships with videographers and video editors.
Content Creation, Website Management & Social Media
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, flyers, social media copy, and the Mishkan website.
- Produces weekly newsletter, monthly member bulletin, kids & family emails etc.
- Manages event registration pages and facebook events.
- Manages and updates the Mishkan website & blog.
- Creates content and content strategy for Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
- Ensure membership payments are accurate, credit cards are current and that expired members are pursued for renewal.
- Coordinate payment plans & perform payment processing.
- Develop initiatives and incentive based strategies to grow the member program and hit quantitative targets.
- Curate the “member experience” with member only-events and strategic messaging.
- Oversee lifecycle communications and service benefits for members.
- The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, motivated, and hard-working. In addition, they should possess:
- Minimum 3-5 years marketing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing original copy and copy-editing.
- Strong visual design sense and ability to work within Mishkan’s established visual design vocabulary.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop).
- Experience with Mailchimp or other email marketing software.
- Experience producing video content. Podcasting experience a plus!
- Knowledge of Wordpress and general web maintenance.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong process orientation.
- Ability to simultaneously manage projects with varying timelines and deadlines.
- Ability to work within a team as well as demonstrate initiative and a proven ability to work independently.
- Understanding of and passion for current digital trends.
- An understanding of the Jewish communal world and a commitment to positively impacting the future of the Jewish people.
- Ability to work some Shabbatot and Mishkan holiday events (evenings and weekends).
- An understanding of Mishkan’s unique culture, vision and mission and ability to manifest that in our marketing efforts.
- HTML skills & experience managing a database a plus.
WHY WORK HERE
- Relaxed yet professional, values-driven office culture
- Numerous professional development opportunities
- Opportunity to grow in Jewish knowledge and practice
- Working within a fun, warm and caring community that has national name-recognition for doing innovative work in Jewish community building
- Opportunities to grow professionally as the organization grows
Competitive salary range based on experience
Health insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield, majority of premiums paid by employer.
Paid time off (vacation, sick days and some Jewish holidays, generous paid parental leave after first year)
Access to organization’s 401k retirement plan with company-sponsored match after first year
Subsidized gym membership and cell phone data plan
Flexible work hours
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Rachel Gray— email@example.com, with 2-3 samples of your design work and 1 writing sample.