Details: $15 per hour
Elizabeth Stone House
8 Notre Dame St
Childcare Facilitator (part-time, Monday-Friday, day and evening shifts)
Our Mission: The Elizabeth Stone House (ESH) partners with adult and child survivors of domestic violence and related trauma – mental illness, housing instability and substance misuse – to achieve safety, stability, and overall wellbeing, thereby contributing to the strength, resiliency, and health of the community we serve.
Position Summary: Childcare Facilitators work with the Parent Child Center Team to provide therapeutic childcare and parent support in a trauma-informed setting for families participating in Residential and Community Programs at the Elizabeth Stone House. Childcare is provided on-site at ESH, Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 8:00 PM and includes drop-in/respite care (Monday-Friday 12 PM-6 PM), advance request childcare (available Monday-Friday, 9 AM-7 PM), and group childcare while participants attend support and psychoeducational groups. Childcare Facilitators are supervised by the Parent Child Center Coordinator.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide therapeutic childcare utilizing the Attachment, Regulation, Competency (ARC) trauma treatment model for children in multi-age setting.
- Engage children in age-appropriate activities that promote attachment, support the development of healthy relationships with caregivers and peers, and provide children opportunities to discover and develop their unique talents.
- Create and maintain a safe and nurturing environment for parents and children in the ESH Parent Child Center (PCC).
- Afford parents and children the opportunity to express the full range of emotion within a safe space while modeling and teaching self-regulation and pro-social behavior strategies.
- Demonstrate and teach pro-social conflict resolution strategies.
- Engage parents during drop-off, pick-up, and family activities to develop trust and support healthy parent-child attachment.
- Partner with parents to provide normalization of parenting experience and support parents understanding of their child’s development.
- Demonstrate understanding and compassion for parents as survivors of trauma.
- Communicate with parents, children, and colleagues in a positive and professional manner.
- Ensure parents complete necessary sign-in and sign-out when children arrive and depart from the PCC.
- Inform PCC Coordinator of any concerns related to parents or children in the PCC.
- Maintain participant confidentiality.
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene within the PCC.
- Attend and participate in PCC Team Meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Demonstrated employment experience working with children.
- Knowledge of child development.
- Commitment to expanding knowledge of issues related to trauma, mental health, domestic violence and substance misuse.
- Commitment to being punctual and consistent.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in an environment that is linguistically and culturally diverse.
- Daytime and evening availability.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; crouch, or crawl, and taste or smell.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to
Tanya Mclean, Director of Family Programming firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Required