Details: Beginning salary $65,000
2515 Frankford Avenue
Work with NKCDC to build healthy communities and expand homeownership opportunities and retention for low and moderate-income households.
Provide aspiring homebuyers or struggling homeowners with the skills, knowledge and information to buy and maintain a home, provide them with energy assistance, or resolve their current housing situation by:
- Bringing people into the program through outreach and marketing events;
- Working with people individually;
- Educating people about credit and managing their finances;
- Working with their financial position to prepare for loan application, loan modification, workout or other appropriate solution and in doing so will be exercising training and discretion in advising the client about best possible course of action.
- Supervise of all department functions, staff, and processes;
- Support, maintain and grow capacity;
- Maintain HUD certifications and keep abreast of all industry changes, opportunities and best practices;
- Continue to develop strong partnerships with funders and other housing and energy agencies;
- Manage 6 team members;
- Oversee budget development and oversight;
- Continue growth of a strong, highly effective team.
- 3 years HUD approved counseling agency management or supervision experience or college equivalent;
- Proven experience in a management role. Experience in a trainer/facilitator role;
- Minimum two years contract administration experience with knowledge of federal, state and local funding requirements. Familiarity with social service networks in Philadelphia; particularly housing;
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills;
- Must be computer savvy and experienced in a variety of software applications including Microsoft Office;
- Proven ability to deal with people in high stress situations with empathy and concern;
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally and economically diverse groups of people;
- Knowledge of Real Estate, underwriting policies, mortgages, foreclosure, and household budgeting and loan closing highly desirable;
- Must be able to master RX, CMAX , and Home Counselor Online (HCO) and other software;
- Must pass HUD Housing Counselor Certification exam within 18 months of hire;
- Must be a certified housing counselor by NCHEC or other recognized counseling intermediary.
Include HMO health plan, long- and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and 403 (b) retirement plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Felix Torres-Colon, NKCDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 16. Please note that all candidate resumes are given due consideration and are kept on file for one year, but we cannot always respond personally to individual applications due to the high volume of inquiries.